Black Velvet says repeat would trigger VHL golden age

Higgins

Black Velvet is Toronto, Black Velvet, Black Velvet, Black Velvet

Making millions playing hockey in one of the best leagues in the world is a dream for many people, but it's reality for the Toronto Legion's Black Velvet. When you throw in becoming a young superstar in the music industry and you have plot for a fairy tale that no one could imagine. If anything, Black Velvet is a unique individual with both an athletic and creative side, and he has over the past two seasons become one of the biggest stars in his hometown of Toronto. Winning a championship ring? Check. Releasing five rap singles? Check. Is it possible that with all the recent success at such a young age that it could all go to MC BV's head?

In a recent interview with Overdrive on TSN 1050 Toronto Radio, here's what BV had to say.

As a kid that grew up in Toronto, what's in like playing for the Legion and being one of the hottest artists in the Toronto club scene?

It's getting crazy guys, seriously, I don't know if people recognize me from hockey or from opening for Drake. I always said I will rep the 6ix no matter where I play, I will make the people of Toronto excited and proud of the city. To be selected by the Legion was a stroke of luck that created a huge buzz around the entire team, and the entire city got behind our team. Management is the best in the league and I've looked up to Hans Wingate as a mentor over the past two seasons.

Do you like your chances at a repeat?

This team is deserving of a repeat, and it would be the best outcome for the VHL. If we win there will be league wide celebrations for the team, it would be like a golden age for the VHL to kick off the Season 50 season with the chance of the first ever THREEPEAT. We know we have the best players here that deserve it 100% more than the other teams. It will make me physically sick to see any other team win.

What would the celebrations look like?

My crib in Muskoka will be open and it will be the biggest rager of all time. You have no idea... the people that would show up would be pure insanity. Drizzy, Deadmau5, Joey Bats, The Stroshow, Justin Trudeau, ALANNA MYLES, just to name a few off the top of my head. We are Canada's team and the whole country will be behind us here in the six. Hell I'll even invite everyone stuck in Quebec to come celebrate.

What are the chances we could come down?

*click*

b537800e-1a1e-46fd-9e82-27c137b68473.jpg

6 million dollar crib in the heart of Muskoka, baby.