Claimed:Asher Eats Crow [Reviewed]

Dangles13

What's on the Menu? Crow!

In a recent edition of the VHL Magazine Asher Donovan was quoted as saying the following:

"We just have to keep playing our way, we’re an incredibly talented team and if we stick to doing what we do best then it doesn’t matter what Brampton does because we’re better. I don’t think there is a lot of pressure to stay in first though, we’re here to win a cup and if we do it from the first seed or the last seed it doesn’t make a difference."

The Brampton Blades finished the season three points ahead of Yukon and sports a 7-4-1 record when matched head to head with the Rush. It appears that Brampton used the quote as bulletin board material to rally their players as they powered their way to a 16-4 record in their last 20 games. Deadline pickup Jack Kraken from Moscow also helped power the Blades late season surge to the top. Stuck in the frozen tundra of Moscow Kraken only managed 18 points in 36 games for the Red Wolves, he managed to find another level when he landed in Brampton and finished the season with 58 points in his final 36 games.

When asked about his boastful words Donovan had this to say:

"Haha well I am not one to back peddle and make excuses, I thought we were the best team then and I think we are the best team today. Brampton is a great team and they should be proud that they made me eat my words but the playoffs are another beast and I have high hopes. They got hot at the right time and made their claim to the North American throne while we hit a rough patch and had to rediscover our game. I am a confident player and I have no problem saying what I feel so don't expect anything to change except I might have to play better next time I make such a claim."

Will we have another article following the playoffs of Donovan eating crow once again? The potential is certainly there and while his GM and teammates may not be enthused about his bold claims we certainly are. Players who aren't afraid to put themselves in the spotlight make for great news. Donovan is newsworthy for another reason though because despite his team surrendering first place he did everything he could to propel his team to greatness.

Donovan dominated the league and led them in several categories as illustrated below in our graphic. Once you look at those stats you will realized that Donovan put on an MVP worthy performance this season and it is somewhat surprising that a player could dominate the league that way and still have his team fall short of first place. I guess that is why hockey is and always will be a team first sport and Asher would tell you that himself.

Asher_S49.png

Review:

Hey, i remember that interview! nicely written article, glad to see that Donovan aint no pussy and is ready to kick some ass! must've gotten that from Saskatoon ;) Really nice graphic as well! congrats on being first in 4 categories!

490 words :D