Claimed:Another Finals Watched From The Couch [Reviewed]

1297665931310_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Felipe Rodriguez looks up at the scoreboard in disbelief after their Game 5 defeat

Last time we spoke to Flip, he said he looked forward to talking to us when he was raising the cup. It looks like we’ll have to wait at least a year for that to happen as his Quebec City Meute were eliminated in five games by the Toronto Legion who will now be looking to extend their championship streak. Despite the Meute’s regular season success, they failed to win a single playoff series after having a bye the first round. Following the loss, the disappointment in the locker room could be felt all around.

“I definitely thought we’d put up a better fight than we did. To go out in five games to a team we seemed to play better against later in the year is really disheartening but I’m sure we’ll regroup and come out stronger next season. It will depend a lot on free agency and how things play out with retirements and the draft,” Rodriguez said.

4044074434_25d96d7703_z.jpg?zz=1

The Meute Ice Girls clean up the hats after Aleksi Koponen complete the hat trick

Their lone playoff victory, a game in which they were carried by Aleksi Koponen who finished that game with a hat trick, was 3-2 Game 4 victory to give them one last chance at making it a series. In that game they outshot the Legion 35 shots to 17. In the series they outshot Toronto by a count of 169 to 158, the most lopsided being in a 3-2 Game 2 defeat where they peppered Hans Wingate with 50 shots while only allowing 29 on net themselves. Game 1, which they lost 3-1 saw the Meute have a slight advantage in total shots 34-30. There’s really no one to blame for their elimination. The puck just didn’t bounce their way when they needed it. Games 2 and 3 ended in overtime. In the elimination game, it was just about set to go into overtime when Black Velvet scored the game winner with 6 seconds remaining in the game.

Rodriguez was very pleased with the way his teammates didn’t give up after they went down three games to none to start the series saying, “It would have been very easy to give up after the first three losses, two in a row going to overtime but we didn’t. We bounced back and won a game. If memory serves me, we outshot them something like 110 to 80-something games 2, 3, and 4. That’s a pretty big difference, and to go 2-1 in that stretch isn’t something that would usually happen. Again, it’s going to be easy to get down on ourselves and have our little pity party, woe is me session but we need to move on and get them next year.”

There will be plenty of time for the Meute to reflect upon their season. It should be mostly positive as they had the most points in the league this year with 124, two points ahead of the Legion, nine points ahead of the New York Americans. They scored the most goals with 268 and allowed the fewest against with 110. For a team that went 28-38-6 while allowing 56 more goals against than they had scored just a year ago, that is quite an accomplishment and one that everyone on that roster can be proud of.

(536 words)

Edited by evrydayimbyfuglien

Review:

Finally, new pictures!!! Thats time to celebrate! Anyways, good article. I would say im upset, because you are one of my favorite sim leaguers, but honestly i was hoping the Meute would lose the whole time. Maybe one day you can come to Seattle and team up with me to take home that elusive cup!

566 words :D

8 hours ago, ADwyer87 said:

Review:

Finally, new pictures!!! Thats time to celebrate! Anyways, good article. I would say im upset, because you are one of my favorite sim leaguers, but honestly i was hoping the Meute would lose the whole time. Maybe one day you can come to Seattle and team up with me to take home that elusive cup!

566 words :D

In my defense, I only used the same picture for the series. Lol

Review: I know exactly how it feels to put together a good regular season, only get get your ass whooped in the playoffs. If the Meute can bring everyone back, I think you stand a chance but the Legion seem to be on the verge of a couple in a row. Hopefully someone can stop them prior to them becoming a dynasty.

• Evans changed the title to Another Finals Watched From The Couch [Reviewed]