VHLM Waiver Removal Announcement

Higgins

41 minutes ago, tfong said:

So basically instead of a claim system, basically each team has amounts they can use to bid on the waiver players?

Yes, and then the player decides which team he wants to join. If he/she is a first-gen, that is. Or possibly a Player 2, I don't know what we're going to do there, since the first generation of them won't have carryover either.

They aren't on waivers so it would the be not to use the word waivers anymore. Anyone without carry over gets to sign with whoever they want.

Carryover there is priority system to make it fair to all teams since there is an advantage of a 75 TPE player over a 30.

• Head Moderator

So in this system, what prevents teams from not bidding on anyone and save their entire 2 million cap offer for the trade deadline recreates? This doesn't address that issue of people not claiming new 0 tpe players.

2 minutes ago, tfong said:

So in this system, what prevents teams from not bidding on anyone and save their entire 2 million cap offer for the trade deadline recreates? This doesn't address that issue of people not claiming new 0 tpe players.

That doesn't make sense. The 2 million cap is for players with carryover so it has nothing to do with new 0 TPE players. Carryover players sign Designated Contracts.

Anyone with no carryover signs a Prospect Contract, which each team has a 5 million cap to spend. These players can sign for 500k-2M.

3 minutes ago, tfong said:

I think you're missing that there's two systems. Carryover-less players can be bid on with contracts between $0.5-$2.0M, to a cap of $5.0M. 

Re-creates, or players with carryover, essentially remain under the old waiver rules, only you can only claim a maximum of two re-creates through waivers for a season (though you could acquire more through trades (ditto for the other system)).

Though if you're asking why people wouldn't just choose to wait until the deadline to sign the first batch of Player 2s (which I'm not convinced should be a thing), they wouldn't because that would be a bad strategy, since they don't have any more starting TPE than a new player, and only have a couple more weeks to update. Even Phil's second player couldn't have more than 60-70 TPE by playoffs. Not to mention there's no guarantee you can even sign those players, so why shun new players just for a chance at old players later on?

3 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Do inactive FAs fall into this category still? i.e. Do the teams that have already signed an IFA only get to claim one more re-create this season? If so, does this also imply that a team could sign two IFAs instead of two re-creates if they so chose?

free agency is same as always. Teams who sign an inactive free agent give up their position to claim recreates off waivers and get sent to the bottom of the list

1 minute ago, eaglesfan036 said:

free agency is same as always. Teams who sign an inactive free agent give up their position to claim recreates off waivers and get sent to the bottom of the list

And the waiver order is still based on last season's reversed standings? Because I thought we agreed it would be the other way around now...

6 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

And the waiver order is still based on last season's reversed standings? Because I thought we agreed it would be the other way around now...

I don't see that in this announcement. So for this season at least since it has already started we will be using the old way

Just now, eaglesfan036 said:

I don't see that in this announcement. So for this season at least since it has already started we will be using the old way

That's fair enough. In the BOG I thought regular standings was agreed upon, but you are right in that it is not exactly clear in this announcement.

• Head Moderator
27 minutes ago, Higgins said:

That doesn't make sense. The 2 million cap is for players with carryover so it has nothing to do with new 0 TPE players. Carryover players sign Designated Contracts.

Anyone with no carryover signs a Prospect Contract, which each team has a 5 million cap to spend. These players can sign for 500k-2M.

I was thinking specifically for the super new players people don't know, they may not sign because you can't release their 500k after you sign them so you potentially could be stuck with 4x 500k 0 tpe players. So it means teams will adopt wait and see approaches until one of the players hits like 30-40 before committing dollars to them. But if a player isn't signed in their first several days, it may be hard to keep them around because they have nothing to do. Or like say there are a bunch of players early on that are active and all these teams bid max to get them at 2 million then have no room later for any new players at all.

23 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Though if you're asking why people wouldn't just choose to wait until the deadline to sign the first batch of Player 2s (which I'm not convinced should be a thing), they wouldn't because that would be a bad strategy, since they don't have any more starting TPE than a new player, and only have a couple more weeks to update. Even Phil's second player couldn't have more than 60-70 TPE by playoffs. Not to mention there's no guarantee you can even sign those players, so why shun new players just for a chance at old players later on?

There have been many examples of teams waiting until the TDL for the recreates. This doesn't prevent that from happening. So if you know there is a player 2 that is around right now available but you know a tpe whore is recreating like @Kendrick or @sterling then you save all your capsapce to make the bid for them.

Though the only saving grace is that it would depend if the money values matter to the prospects at this point, but if they do then it will just mean teams will just save their capsapce and never pick up the guys in between.

While I'm in here bitching about things I'm confused about; @Higgins @Draper Can one of you confirm if the first generation of Player Twos will fall under Prospect or Designated Contracts? Because they won't have carryover, but also they're veteran.

10 minutes ago, tfong said:

I was thinking specifically for the super new players people don't know, they may not sign because you can't release their 500k after you sign them so you potentially could be stuck with 4x 500k 0 tpe players. So it means teams will adopt wait and see approaches until one of the players hits like 30-40 before committing dollars to them. But if a player isn't signed in their first several days, it may be hard to keep them around because they have nothing to do. Or like say there are a bunch of players early on that are active and all these teams bid max to get them at 2 million then have no room later for any new players at all.

There have been many examples of teams waiting until the TDL for the recreates. This doesn't prevent that from happening. So if you know there is a player 2 that is around right now available but you know a tpe whore is recreating like @Kendrick or @sterling then you save all your capsapce to make the bid for them.

Though the only saving grace is that it would depend if the money values matter to the prospects at this point, but if they do then it will just mean teams will just save their capsapce and never pick up the guys in between.

I don't think the things you're worried about have been an issue since the Waiver system was split between over and under 40 TPE players, since there was no benefit to waiting to claim new players.

And I don't think the issue will be re-introduced with this system, because I highly doubt all 8 GMs would let any one person rot on the bidding stock just to hold out for a Player 2 which they don't know if they'll even get. The whole point of this system is to engage new members right away so they are encouraged to stay active, and I think all the GMs know that. Or, worst case scenatio, enough GMs know that to not make a difference. @Victor might not even utilize designated contracts, never mind hold out for a Player 2. :P

EDIT: Not to mention @Kendrick and @sterling are both scrubs.

Edited by JardyB10

7 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

While I'm in here bitching about things I'm confused about; @Higgins @Draper Can one of you confirm if the first generation of Player Twos will fall under Prospect or Designated Contracts? Because they won't have carryover, but also they're veteran.

no carryover = prospect

3 minutes ago, Higgins said:

no carryover = prospect

It will be like Christmas in mid-August! Complete with at least a half dozen soul-crushing disappointments. :wub:

• Smarch locked this topic