Claimed:Trouble In Paradise? [Reviewed]

stock-vector-geometric-wolf-head-3761490

I thought this looked cool despite the stupid watermark.

The Quebec City Meute were on top of the world last season having the best record in the league. They got knocked down a peg in the post season not advancing past a single round. It appears, as a team, they haven’t recovered. Tom Lincoln currently leads the league in points with 48 (20 G, 28 A), most of those coming in the more recent games. He’s currently on pace for 45 goals, 63 assists, and 108 points which as good as that sounds is two points shy of last season’s totals.

John Sleeman has had a break out year his first year at forward. Last year he had 69 points, 17 goals and 52 assists. This year he already has 15 goals and 24 assists, on pace for just about 88 points, a 21 point increase from last year to this year. His hit totals are also up as he already has 163 hits this season already 29 hits above last year’s total of 134, it also puts him in third overall in the league. The change to forward has done Sleeman good so far this year. Let’s hope I didn’t just jinx him.

Aleksi Koponen, though pointless the last few games, has also had a pretty successful season. A perennial leader in the faceoff dot, it’s no surprise to see his 68.35% leading the league after falling just short of Edwin Reencarnacion’s 69.36% last year. Koponen is second in scoring for centers with 39 points, six points behind Joel Jarvi of the Cologne Express and his 45 points.

One surprise this season, and not necessarily in a good way, is Greg Clegane. Clegane led the league in save percentage (.935), goals against average (1.57), shutouts (16), and wins (52). This season he is currently sixth in save percentage at .915. His goals against average is 2.22 with 17 wins and three shutouts. A lot can change over the course of the season but the Meute already have three more losses than they did all of last season. He’s on pace for 40 wins on the year if things don’t get turned around quickly for Quebec. Forty wins is perfectly fine for a goalie in this league but the way Artom Zhumbayev (22 wins in 30 games played) and Hans Wingate (20 wins in 27 games played) are playing, it’ll drop him and the Meute quite a ways down the standings.

As a team last season, the Meute were first overall in goals for per game with 3.72, more than double their goals against per game of 1.53 (243.64%) while this year their numbers are a lot closer. (2.75 to 1.88, 118.92%). It also appears their powerplay percentage is down from 20.63% last season to 18.09% this season and their penalty kill of 89.07% last year has dropped significantly to 84.15% this season.

YG7.jpg

It’s disappointing to say the Meute have no exciting rookies to talk about, actually, they have no rookies at all. The Helsinki Titans look to have a very good core for a long time to come. With the top three in rookie points all playing together, Odinsson with 31 points, Gow with 29 points, and Donovan with 25 points. Asher Donovan also leads the league in hits, not just rookies, with 166 hits while only picking up 39 penalty minutes. When it comes time to resign all these guys, I won’t envy Helsinki’s cap situation, but for now it’s fun to watch these young guns play.

Review:

I think that picture is cool too! Looks like things are not going well in Quebec, though it seems odd with the team looking mostly similar. Is Rodriguez doing any better? I havent checked, all I've seen is Podarok steadily dropping down the leaderboards :( 

590 words :D

• FacePuncher changed the title to Trouble In Paradise? [Reviewed]
11 hours ago, ADwyer87 said:

Review:

I think that picture is cool too! Looks like things are not going well in Quebec, though it seems odd with the team looking mostly similar. Is Rodriguez doing any better? I havent checked, all I've seen is Podarok steadily dropping down the leaderboards :( 

590 words :D

Had a 4 point game last sim. And Podarok better step it up, he's on my fantasy team lol