An Article That Has Very Little To Do With The VHL

Daniel

So I need TPE, and I've also had a fucking weird couple of weeks so I need somewhere to air out my thoughts. Why not combine the two I thought to myself? So here we are.

Basically, the last two weeks have been really odd. Not necessarily bad, but strange. It started a couple weeks back, when I first moved back to my uni town to start my summer job and due to extreme boredom I ended up on a night out with a friend of a friend in the local shithole nightclub. I got blackout wasted and came to in a trap house (I wish I was making this up) where I was chilling with some very shady people. I was too wasted to know how, but things turned sour somehow and I ended up running out of the house with a bunch of other people, luckily the aforementioned friend of a friend lived a couple of houses down the road and so I had the genius idea of going there instead of going home even though it was like 5am. I was let into the house, but the people I'd met in the t house also wanted to come in, but the people in the house weren't having it. Things got bad quickly, and before long a guy had been bottled (had a glass bottle smashed over his face) by some girl who was there. The feds were all over the scene quickly, and we were all taken to the police station and had to give statements. It was after I left the police station that I became sober enough to know I'd lost my phone, and of course it was still in the trap house. Figuring it was a write off, I bit the bullet and paid the £150 to get it replaced and draw a line under the whole awful night. 

So I started work last week and it's actually been really fun, I got a little sketched out on the days I wasn't working living on my own and going long stretches without talking to anyone irl was a very weird thing. Anyway, I was in the store on Tuesday night and I got sent a text by the girl I've been seeing for the last couple months that totally fried my head, like I've had three days to look at it and I still can't work out whether she's trying to tell me she's not interested anymore or she's surprised I'm interested, it's all a big clusterfuck and it does more harm than good to think about it, so it's being pushed to the back of my mind as much as possible. I'm going to Reading Festival next weekend which should be sick, the lineup is unreal this year, and I'm hoping that'll restore some normality as I get closer to the start of the new year at university. Basically, I've had probably the weirdest month of my life and I hope this goes some way to explaining why I might have been a little absent the last couple weeks. If you read all this, you're dedicated. Thank you thank you thank you.

1 minute ago, JardyB10 said:

Two things:

1. What is a trap house?

2. Paste the text for us to see.

It's usually just a shitty house associated with drug dealing/taking, I think I've managed to establish that the dealer lived there and I went with some other people to pick up and I really don't know how things got like they did :)) 

I'll go one better (no previous texts or contact name because of the whole new phone thing lmao) 

05XnpQT.png

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

It's usually just a shitty house associated with drug dealing/taking, I think I've managed to establish that the dealer lived there and I went with some other people to pick up and I really don't know how things got like they did :)) 

I'll go one better (no previous texts or contact name because of the whole new phone thing lmao) 

05XnpQT.png

I mean looks like she doesn't think you serious about her. Doesn't seem like a "game over". Unless you aren't serious about her, that is lol

Just now, ADwyer87 said:

I mean looks like she doesn't think you serious about her. Doesn't seem like a "game over". Unless you aren't serious about her, that is lol

I think the problem is we both kinda don't know what we want out of it, like I was in a relationship until March this year and it ended kinda shitty so I'm not sure I'm feeling getting into another one but I definitely am into her. These are always a little confusing :hmm: 

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

05XnpQT.png

On first read I thought she was lacking self-esteem and was wondering why you'd be interested in someone as shitty as her. But then I re-read it and noticed the "ask this in the nicest way possible" bit, which implies is about to be followed up by something not nice.

Are you guys banging? If so, when was the last time you banged? And how often do you text her and vice versa?

Because if you're not banging (or haven't in a while) but you still contact her fairly frequently, this text kind of reads like, "I'm legitimately curious as to why you haven't caught on to me ignoring you."

But if you're banging fairly regularly and she just isn't doing/showing any interest in a relationship, then just talk to her about that. And probably just agree to keep banging casually without worrying about relationship things.

You have to go see Coheed and Cambria. They're my favorite band. Oh, them and CHVRCHES. 

As for the text, I'm with @JardyB10 for the most part. Unless maybe her saying she was asking in the nicest way possible was just a poor choice of words on her part. 

Just now, JardyB10 said:

On first read I thought she was lacking self-esteem and was wondering why you'd be interested in someone as shitty as her. But then I re-read it and noticed the "ask this in the nicest way possible" bit, which implies is about to be followed up by something not nice.

Are you guys banging? If so, when was the last time you banged? And how often do you text her and vice versa?

Because if you're not banging (or haven't in a while) but you still contact her fairly frequently, this text kind of reads like, "I'm legitimately curious as to why you haven't caught on to me ignoring you."

But if you're banging fairly regularly and she just isn't doing/showing any interest in a relationship, then just talk to her about that. And probably just agree to keep banging casually without worrying about relationship things.

Yeah that's kinda what threw me about it, it's something that doesn't really read like clearly at all :))

We were banging when we were both here, but she's away atm working on some placement in a hospital in another city so it's been like a couple months. It's weird because she doesn't really text a lot but what she did send would always seem like real keen, like she was saying literally last week she was going to hit me up when she was next here and free so getting this I was a bit like er ok. I only really text her to try and just like arrange actually meeting up and ask when she's around and stuff, I'm not really into like just like chatting over text etc., and that sort of shit so I'm kinda dumb with a lot of this. I kinda get the feeling a lot of the time she's really into playing games, like she would occasionally take like 24 hours to reply to a text but come back really flirty and asking loads of questions. Honestly, just tempted to bite the bullet and be like "can you just straight up tell me what this means please" :)) 

1 minute ago, JardyB10 said:

Also if you're not banging and have just been dating and she sent you that text, it's probably time to move on.

irony is I actually met her as a one night stand so it's probably the opposite if anything (proly why she talked about a dry spell because she assumes I'm trying to get another round in) :)) 

Ah, okay, that makes sense then. Yeah, in that case, it's actually a bit of blend of most of those possibilities, which is why it isn't clear as to what she's trying to say.

It's likely that she's assuming (or straight up knows if that is the case) you're not seeing anyone else while she's gone. Hell, I have a serious girlfriend and she lives in Texas now and visited Texas in previous summers, so we've spent (and are spending) months apart before, and it's shitty and sexually frustrating. So if she perceives a dude (you) doing that for her when you're NOT in a serious relationship, it would make her go all "wtf?" So she's probably confused as to how seriously involved you want to be with her. Thus this text.

Also there's a reasonable (40-75%) chance she's seeing other people while she's away, so if you aren't seeing other people too and she knows it (or if you are and she just assumes otherwise), she might feel guilty about that. Thus this text.

So I'd say it's probably one or all of these things.

29 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think the problem is we both kinda don't know what we want out of it, like I was in a relationship until March this year and it ended kinda shitty so I'm not sure I'm feeling getting into another one but I definitely am into her. These are always a little confusing :hmm: 

More than a little confusing ;) 

honestly, from what I read in the rest of the thread, and you saying you aren't sure if you want in another relationship, i don't think she's worth it.