VHL Financier

Will

• Senior Admin

Victor has been handling finances on an interim basis but we're looking to find someone permanent to take over for next season. The Financier is in charge of basically everything salary cap related in the VHL. Specific duties include:

• Constantly tracking each teams salary payroll (accounting for trades, free agency signings, etc)
  • Enforcing all rules regarding the salary cap, contract structure, etc. that are found in the rulebook
  • Ensuring all teams remain cap compliant at all times and, if someone isn't compliant, working with the Commissioners to resolve it
  • Determining the proper Salary Bracket for each player in the league before the start of every season

For a visual representation, look in the team finances section to see the threads for each team and spreadsheets that will need to be kept up to date. The workload for this job is typically heavy in the off-season, but light during the season. Pay is 2 TPE during off-season weeks and 1 TPE during the season.

Apply here!

• Admin
23 minutes ago, Molholt said:

I'm saying, why do we need both? The threads seem more relevant to me because they are on the forum and can be replied to publicly. 

Personally I hate updating the threads and would just keep a link to the spreadsheet (separately for each team) as the OP.

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

Personally I hate updating the threads and would just keep a link to the spreadsheet (separately for each team) as the OP.

People can't post contracts, accept contracts or point out issues to the Financier on a spreadsheet. It also isn't archived like the threads (I don't think).

Anyway, regardless of that preference - why do we do both? Because I'd offer to do it, since @STZ won't hire me for the mag, but I have no desire to do a spreadsheet.

2 minutes ago, Molholt said:

People can't post contracts, accept contracts or point out issues to the Financier on a spreadsheet. It also isn't archived like the threads (I don't think).

Anyway, regardless of that preference - why do we do both? Because I'd offer to do it, since @STZ won't hire me for the mag, but I have no desire to do a spreadsheet.

What u mean? you can have a job rite now

• 4 weeks later...
  • Senior Admin
5 hours ago, Streetlight said:

I suppose I'll apply. If you hire me, I guess you can open up the VHLM Fantasy Zone job for someone else.

Yup, I quit. You're hired. Welcome aboard!