2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

^ lol, i was watching the Winnipeg game, i never been so happy for poor ol Lack to pick up the W. He doesnt deserve what us fans are doing/saying to him. also, 

Burrows to go on a mad goal scoring streak to reach 20 goals for the season (E7)

I honestly don't know where you are reading anything. I've heard nothing degrading Lack since the start of the season. You sure it's not just your Facebook feed?

just what they were cheering/booing at the heritage game, what my friends were saying, you guys saying Lack of faith and what not. You know that stuff. He was also sadly in net for the 7 goal third period. People were giving him heck for that im sure of it.

The cheering/booing was more so because Luongo deserved the start, not that Lack was bad. Also the 7 goal burst by the Isles was being pointed at the defines, not so much him. Yeah he is part of it but for the most part the defines has been horrible in front of him.

The shitty thing about that win against the Jets is that the fan base will be too happy to notice Torts is still the problem and they will give him more chances. Instead of being cut throat and booing him for his horrible system. It was running dry in NYR, I'm not sure why some people wanted it in Vancouver.

I really worry that these final games are going to destroy everything Lack did in the first half.

To be fair a rocket from Ovie on the PP and a sick pass from Kuzy are hardly "bad" goals to give up. But I get your drift. Confidence could be down given everything that has happened. You guys do have two young goalies though and I'm sure once the message eventually becomes get younger and begin retooling a stronger better team he'll have plenty of time to show what he's really worth. 

None of the goals tonight specifically prompted it, more just the fact he's allowed at least 3 again. That said Lack does seem to have a similar issue to Luongo when we first got him, he plays too aggressive sometimes and sells out, leading to plays like the first WSH goal tonight. I think we've had one of those each of the last 3 or 4 games. His confidence has to be next to nothing these days, and I doubt Markstrom's is much better since Torts has said he won't play him because he's not ready yet.  :facepalm:

None of the goals tonight specifically prompted it, more just the fact he's allowed at least 3 again. That said Lack does seem to have a similar issue to Luongo when we first got him, he plays too aggressive sometimes and sells out, leading to plays like the first WSH goal tonight. I think we've had one of those each of the last 3 or 4 games. His confidence has to be next to nothing these days, and I doubt Markstrom's is much better since Torts has said he won't play him because he's not ready yet.  :facepalm:

Torts really knows how to manage his players and get them mentally ready...smh. Also doesn't help that Lack has Garrison ("wait, we are playing a game?"), Weber "Not sure how to position himself" and Edler "As Clueless as the TV show" playing in front of him.

We should all be talking about Reimer's game last night instead of how terrible the Canucks are :P

I'd rather not talk about Reimer, I find him kind of a whiner like Briere.

We should all be talking about Reimer's game last night instead of how terrible the Canucks are :P

I'll wait for his playoff meltdowns those are far more fun to discuss. 

wasn't his fault the team in front of him stopped playing 

Same thing happened to Luongo but Luongo got most of the blame. So it's Reimers turn. I think Bernier is the better goalie anyway, Reimer has always been massively overrated. 

Edited by Frank

I think I'm falling in love with Kuznetsov here.....dear god that guy can dangle around and just make some great plays to keep the puck in play and put it in dangerous spots. Two goals in this game basically generated by his creativity. 

Same thing happened to Luongo but Luongo got most of the blame. So it's Reimers turn. I think Bernier is the better goalie anyway, Reimer has always been massively overrated. 

yet I have yet to talk to a Leaf fan who thinks its Reimer's fault that they lost game 7. also there is a difference between being a fan favorite and overrated. Bernier is the better goalie and that's why he plays more. 

Guest Svoboda_3

29 other teams in the NHL and all we hear about is Vancouver. I'll be glad when we don't have to hear anything about them for the playoffs.

What?

Canucks mishaps seem to make up 90% of Sportsnet, TSN, and CBC's coverage since the deadline. I'm tired of it too but that's what the hockey world has decided to fixate on for now.

aaaaayyyyy Kuznetsov

I always feel awkward talking about my own team sometimes because I'm actually aware that not everyone wants to hear about every game the caps play.  I don't particularly mind the Vancouver talk but it definitely is all we talk about.  I just wished we talked about the Blues and the Sharks and Avs more because they're bae.

Hey, by all means talk about whatever team you guys want. As much flack as I give Sandro, it is the NHL discussion so talk whatever team you want.