2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

Islanders in full tank mode, blowing yet ANOTHER 2 goal lead in the 3rd period. Got to love our coach orr lack thereof, the snowman, and Emepror Wang running the show.

#FuckAllThreeOfYou

#TankForEkblad

Edited by Seth

Sorry to say, but with the state this team is in we weren't going to win a Cup with Luongo either. Gonna be a while before we're a contender again. Our tandem of two Swedish weirdos is about all we have to look forward to right now anyways.

Edited by Sandro

http://youtu.be/XuyUYCbsHag?t=4m30s

If there was to be a rebuild here, would you (Bieksa) want to be a part of it?

"If there are some changes in the off-season or whatever, we'll deal with it. As far as talking about me, I've been a Canuck my whole career, I've never been asked to waive my no trade clause, I've never asked to leave anywhere, I'm a Canuck at heart and I'm going down with the ship. I'll be here until they throw me out of here..."

I wanted to give that man a standing ovation after that quote. FUCK YEAH BIEKSA.

Edited by Sandro

Columbus @ Dallas postponed after Peverley collapsed on the bench. He's conscious and he'll be OK. #PrayforPeverley

I was AT that game, boys......

It was awesome during the 2nd intermission. 3-0 lead, yeah!

BOOM....gong show in the 3rd. 

The guy in the Tavares jersey was getting made fun of all game, I guess he got the last word.

Seriously? Making fun of the guy for being an Islanders fan I get, but probably some respect should be showed considering Tavares had a season ending injury representing the country the Nucks fans are from in the Olympics. Just saying. 

As a fan of a rival of the Canucks, I'm loving watching them slowly fall off the map. However, being as I know a lot of Nucks fans.. I truly feel bad for the fans, as they are passionate and love their team. I am not excited for when the Kings will have to go back to that point as well, so their fans have my sympathy.

Edited by Kyle

Botchford is 100% on point tonight: http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/03/10/the-van-provies-time-to-tie-off-torts/

If anyone is saying now they know what is going to happen next, they’re lying.

I don’t think Tortorella is coaching Wednesday night in Winnipeg.

But that’s not a lock.

It’s in the Aquilinis hands now.

As I went over Saturday, if the Canucks had lost to the Flames there was a scenario in place where Tortorella could have been fired.

Ownership still has to be sold on the idea of eating his five year contract, and if they lost to the Flames,  Gillis was ready to start the hard sell.

But now Gillis doesn’t have a loss to the Flames to hold up as the final straw.

What he has instead is one of the worst collapses in Canucks history.

Will the Aquilinis listen?

Seven goals, one period.

This, for a coach whose whole system is based around his team’s ability to keep pucks out of the net.

This, for a coach who chased out Roberto Luongo when he didn’t start him at the Heritage Classic.

It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year.

You can’t oversee the disintegration of a team like this and recover.

The fans won’t have it. The players won’t have it. And even if you hire a new GM, there is no way he’ll have it.

If the Aquilinis can’t figure out the fury they’ll generate if they bring back Torts because they won’t pay the money it costs to eat his contract, they should leave the franchise at Bettman’s office.

None of this mean’s Gillis’s job is safe.

If Tortorella really had been his top choice, which he wasn’t, he should walk with him.

But first thing’s first.

I agree. The owners are at fault here for not coming out and doing something about. Enough of Mike Gillis calming the season ticket holders, how about the people who spend money on one game cause they are so expensive?

Devise, travhave said they were making fun of the kid in the jersey, he never said they were making fun of Tavares in general.

Devise if you think opposite team fans in the home arena don't get picked on at EVERY game and if they do it's classless then I question the last time your been to any hockey game.

If you're thinking they we're making fun of Tavares and his situation then nevermind. Like stated he used the Tavares jersey as a way to state who he is, not saying anything about making fun of Tavares. This isn't boston, we don't mock injuries.

ALSO As much as I hate torts. I do have a millilitre of sympathy for him because he was rushed into a bad situation with high as f expectations and that's gillis' fault. But he's a dickface for ruining the franchise more than it was and turning a ok situation to a shit show. So really fuck him.

Edited by 8Ovechkin8