Never Lucky

Higgins

66698192.jpg

For the 3rd season in a row the Helsinki Titans have missed the playoffs, and for the 3rd season in a row they will be picking 4th overall. Considering that the Titans have finished 4th last, 3rd last and 3rd last over the past three seasons you would think that they could have won the 25% lottery at least once, or at least moved up one spot, but they have been bumped down to 4th overall twice now. The Titans have been extremely unlucky over the past three seasons when it comes to the draft lottery and they haven't been able to secure 3 franchise players, which prompted a necessary rebuild. At least this draft class is deeper where there isn't a massive difference between #2 and #4 overall, but you know the Titans would have liked to play the first card for once.

It seems the only way to secure a top 2 pick now is to tank to the bottom of the standings and finish with a record of less than 10 wins. With the current prospect pool of the Titans and the chances of them signing any major free agents being slim to none, it looks like the Titans will take matters into their own hands and give the sinister bitch known as luck a kick to the curb. There will be pain, this is just the beginning of something fun.

1 hour ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

@boom was your franchise player. 90+ points the past two seasons. the other 2 4th overall picks were just unfortunate 

and make him go through more seasons of sub-par teammates and lottery pick teams? Sure would be fun!

Just now, Higgins said:

and make him go through more seasons of sub-par teammates and lottery pick teams? Sure would be fun!

well i see what you meant there but maybe i mis read it but you said you never got a franchise player at 4th overall. when in fact Odinsson was one that was drafted 4th overall

Just now, TheLastOlympian07 said:

well i see what you meant there but maybe i mis read it but you said you never got a franchise player at 4th overall. when in fact Odinsson was one that was drafted 4th overall

He would be one of three as my quote is

" haven't been able to secure 3 franchise players "