Watchmen Start Hot

sterling

The VHLM's super team, the Bratislava Watchmen, have started as strongly as everyone would of thought. After collecting the top four players available in the S36 Dispersal Draft, the Watchmen had what was expected to be the league's top roster. Forward Tom Slaughter was taken second overall and despite the hype coming into the season, he has underpreformed up to date. The Watchmen meanwhile have won their first six games, sometimes in convincing fashion. Other veterans and rookies have stepped up  as well as Martin Brookside's strong play in net.

"We have a good team here. I can't focus on the lack of production when we're winning games like we have been. It would be nice to help the team out on the scoreboard, but as long as I am playing a needed role, it's all good. I think we have a great chance of winning it all this year," Slaughter said.

• Admin

This team is so well-rounded.. Probably could take a couple wins from some VHL teams, tbh. Also, Kai Randall (RunnyNose) having a great start as a rook.

Calgary definitely. You could probably win the season series (ironic since your goalie is Calgary's future).

And if Bratislava win this season, that'd be 4 championships between Yukon and Bratislava in six seasons since expansion. At least in that sense, expansion has been a massive success in the VHLM.

More recent championship team and a different VHLM ;)

Still would be interesting to see. Take the Brats boys at the end of this season and put them against all the old Ottawa players, readjusted for former TPE totals and what not. 

Higgins = Fjorsstrom

Brax = Zadorov

Khan < Villeneuve

Nash < Januzaj

Molholt = Broadus

Boragina = Slaughter

Dougie > Corvia

Stafford = Valentini

Plaut = Stepanov

Lebedev = Randall

West > Slobban

Hodgson > Hertzberg

VanCoughnett = Brookside

S23 Ottawa would have had an offensive edge, but worse defensively (despite the two best defensemen of last era). If any edge is to be had in goalies, VanCoughnett might slightly edge me out, at least at this stage of our respective careers (obviously the later part of my career will be much greater than his).

On the whole though, I think it'd be an interesting comparison. I think Brats might just edge it out by a bit. 

And Randall, if you're reading this, yes I did just compare you to Nikolai Lebedev. Both were "new" members at the time (Noah came in as "Zenith" and acted new to keep up appearances) and started from scratch but kept active. Keep going the way you're going and I see no reason why you can't have a career like that.

And Randall, if you're reading this, yes I did just compare you to Nikolai Lebedev. Both were "new" members at the time (Noah came in as "Zenith" and acted new to keep up appearances) and started from scratch but kept active. Keep going the way you're going and I see no reason why you can't have a career like that.

:wub: