Claimed:Ottawa ..stinks!!!!! [1/2]

Will

• Senior Admin

200.gif#61

Franchise Cornerstone struggles in interviews. 

Highly touted prospect John Locke is now over halfway through his first season in the VHL's minor league. The Ottawa Lynx forward has thus far lived a relatively quiet existence in the league - he's just slightly under a point per game and frankly he hasn't really done much to drive up his draft stock recently. We're still a ways out though and despite Franchise Cornerstone almost certainly being the top prospect in the upcoming S53 draft, there is still time for John Locke to get his act together and start putting in some hours on the practice rink.

Ottawa as a team has been struggling all season and they now find themselves 5th in the league - in other words, last among competitive teams. This was perhaps unexpected following the pickup of a supposedly solid lot of players in the S52 Dispersal Draft including Cornerstone, Locke, Motherfucker Sharpe, and goaltender (and keeper of the island) Jacob. It seems that group of players has struggled to really come together and start developing some chemistry together, largely due to the fact that most Ottawa players have logged practice hours...sparingly, at best. 

If the Lynx are to rally together by the time playoffs rolls around, something surely will have to change. The introduction of the new VHL program allowing player agents to represent more than one player at once has improved competitiveness in the VHLM and this season is going to be a tough battle for all involved. Rather impressively, the Bratislava Watchmen have already clinched their playoff berth. While nobody has yet clinched the playoff byes awarded to the top two teams in the new 'World Conference', Ottawa can almost certainly kiss any hope of getting one of those goodbye. 

At a press conference last week, when asked for his thoughts on the Lynx performance so far, Ottawa General Manager Jardy Bunclewirth had this to say:

"We're having a tough go at er' so far but we are ready to fight the good fight as we get closer to playoffs. In fact, yeah, that's our strategy actually. The rest of these teams will be tired, beaten, and bruised by the time playoffs come around. Us, on the other hand, well we will fresh, drunk, possibly slightly high, and ready to grab our opponents by their collective pu$$y."

Colorful language and all, Bunclewirth's attitude shows he is still confident in its team. Or maybe it's just a facade. Who knows but, either way, it's apparent that Lynx players, specifically Locke, Jacob, and Sharpe, better get to work if they want to have a successful season ahead of their draft year. Aside from more competition, the increase in VHLM players has also made the league more interesting to follow and that will only grow stronger as playoffs approach. 

• Senior Admin
36 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

I'll update Sharpe eventually.

Yeah I finally got around to doing myself.

PS none of this was serious :P

except the part about 3 admins being shitty at updating  

Review:

I always hope that Ottawa does well. Hopefully you guys can come together and play better.

I just signed my goaltender in Bern, but I wouldn't mind being dealt to Ottawa at all.

Besides, the Lynx were my first experience on this website with Travis Boychuk. Boychuk played alongside Konstantin Azizshchenkov. Or however the fuck you spell his last name.