What does a stacked NA say about the state of the VHL?

FacePuncher

The NA is stacked. The VHL has 5 major competitors, and 4 of them hail from the Americas. This confusing phenomena has already happened once, and it seems to make no sense. But it could show something about our league that should scare us.

theres two possible reasons for this IMO. First of all, could EU GMs just all suck? That's a possibility, but seems highly unlikely. And it seems to me that EU teams have no shortage of rep on here, so I don't think that's a reason.

The other reason? Well, let's think. Why are these players all signing in NA? Don't they want to make the playoffs? @sterling could've just easily joined @Phil in Cologne and had a playoff spot locked up and maybe even a real shot at a cup. So why is this? This is my hypothesis: because playoff spots mean nothing anymore. The VHL is so thin on talent that every active could easily make the playoffs now. So why did Phil leave the safe playoff-bound hills of Cologne for the cold, uncertain city of Toronto? Because that makes things exciting. Now, all 72 games of the regular season matter, not just the wait till the playoffs. So maybe that's the VHL's wakeup call. The reason we have players stacking conferences, is because we can only support one.

think I'm on to something? Tell me below.