Shankly Changes His Mind

Phil

Well Shankly, one down, seven to go. It was not exactly the start I expected, but all in all there are some amazing positives. The main one being that I got 323 hits and only 35 taken. That’s almost a 10:1 ratio and if I can keep that up for my entire career, then I’ll be more than happy – even if it means less time on the puck.

Which is obviously my plan now. Originally, I was going to just max out scoring, passing, and puck handling at 99 but now things have changed. I want to spend as little time on the puck as possible. This may affect my hopes and dreams of ever getting a Boulet Trophy but I’d rather be known as one of the most fearsome hitters of all time than just an average Boulet recipient.

But the best part about this 20-point season is that because of it – I am going to try something that few people do – that the VHL does not easily allow for.

Just watch out, league.  

Highest ratio by a player with..

-over 1000 hits: Da'Brickasha O'Neal (1205 hits, 270 taken) 4.46:1 @nibbz oh lol didn't realize he had an account on here

-over 1500 hits: Till Lindemann (1805 hits, 504 taken) 3.58:1 @der meister

-over 2000 hits: Edwin Encarnacion (2527 hits, 838 taken) 3.02:1 @YEAH!stlemania

On the other end of things, Thomas O'Malley had just 50 hits and 2016 taken. So for every hit, he had 40.32 taken. Ouch! @Green

Phil Rafter was actually the next highest in terms of hits taken to hits, with 80 hits and 2237 taken. That's 27.96 hits taken per hit delivered. @Phil

46 minutes ago, Phil said:

Well Shankly, one down, seven to go. It was not exactly the start I expected, but all in all there are some amazing positives. The main one being that I got 323 hits and only 35 taken. That’s almost a 10:1 ratio and if I can keep that up for my entire career, then I’ll be more than happy – even if it means less time on the puck.

Which is obviously my plan now. Originally, I was going to just max out scoring, passing, and puck handling at 99 but now things have changed. I want to spend as little time on the puck as possible. This may affect my hopes and dreams of ever getting a Boulet Trophy but I’d rather be known as one of the most fearsome hitters of all time than just an average Boulet recipient.

But the best part about this 20-point season is that because of it – I am going to try something that few people do – that the VHL does not easily allow for.

Just watch out, league.  

Our starts were shit, but it's all about the finish brah