Claimed:Titans [1/2]

Titans

amtc0j.png

(NOT Daryl Dortch)

The Helsinki Titan’s power forward, Daryl Dortch, has had a great run so far in professional hockey. His second VHLM season was capped off with a Founder’s Cup victory with the Bratislava Watchmen. He ended the season as the third highest scorer on the team behind the likes of Alexander Thrower and Lukas Muller. His 45-39-84 stat line was made all the more impressive with his 351 hits, 34 more than anyone else in the league. His point production didn’t take a break come the post season, either, as he lead all players in playoff goals with ten in twelve games.  His 12 assists were good for fourth in the league for the postseason as well. He also managed 65 hits in his 12 postseason games, 2nd to Marty McDouglas with 67 in 14 games.

Dortch will join several youngsters in Helsinki with Maksym Barnyashev, Franchise Cornerstone, Astrid Moon, and Sami Zayn all on the roster. He’s currently sitting on the second line alongside Zayn and Vincent Adultman. Things are working out well for him on the second line as Dortch is currently tied for the lead in rookie points with nine (6-3-9) with linemate Zayn (1-8-9).  Dortch can also find his name among the league lead for hits sitting seventh with 28. Last season, Dortch wasn’t even the leading scorer on his team so to say this is a surprising start for the youngster would not be out of line, though he did take home the hardware for Best Two-Way Forward in the VHLM awards.

“Higgins has done a great job of getting a good team together. We’re young but we’re firing on all cylinders right now. I’m really excited to see how far we can take it this season. I don’t think we should expect to keep this streak going the full 82 games of the season but it’s nice to steal some wins in the beginning, give out guys confidence. Our conference is pretty weak so getting into the playoffs definitely isn’t out of the question. From there, I think we can surprise some people. If we can keep this core together for a while, we should be able to string together quite a few good seasons and possibly take home a couple cups.” said Dortch of the Helsinki general manager.

It would be hard to imagine that Higgins isn’t a top candidate for GM of the Year even though we’re only six games into the season. He made several deals to bring the first overall pick to Helsinki which turned into Franchise Cornerstone, as well as bringing in star defenseman, Black Velvet, as well as Theo Axelsson from Calgary. He was also able to build through the draft using later picks in the draft to grab goaltender, Astrid Moon out of Japan, or is it China, regardless, he is boasting a 5-1-0 record with a 0.914 save percentage and a 2.33 goals against average while starting every game for the Titans. He maintained a 0.902 save percentage and a 1.83 goals against average last year in the VHLM to go along with 10 shutouts so this is just business as usual for the rookie netminder.

(Just noticed your player page says Shanghai, Japan, which I don’t think actually exists, @BMax)

Review:

Definitely a little surprised at how well Helsinki is doing. Hell you even beat us twice. How does it feel that one of your players beat your other player in Seattle twice in a row?

RODRIGUEZ > DORTCH

At least until Dortch isn't my opposition anymore.