Claimed:Blades of Steel - Episode 2 (w/Mike)

Screen_Shot_2014_01_08_at_3_34_10_PM.png

We discuss the following:

S37 Free Agency
S37 VHL Entry Draft
New Members
S36 Standings
Jason + Calgary

*Mike is claiming 2 TPE for this as he is on the mag.

Cheers!

Edited by Kendrick

Content: 3/3 - Talking about the standings 12 games into the season? That deserves a good ol' COME ON, MAN! I'm not only good in the locker room Kendrick. Definitely have to give LeBeau props for sticking it out in Toronto. No, that pun was totally intended. Woo, KJA shout out! Goalies in this draft will be interesting. I did help out with Cologne, but I think I was wrong with my biggest pick with you (Boone Cassidy), although to be fair to myself, his production just fell off a cliff. 

Professionalism: 2/2 - Yup, always on topic.

Editing: 1/1 - Music, nice clear voices. Good job.

Overall: 6/6

• Admin

Pajodcast, take notes!

Yeah I did a MS on average goalies. I think I talked about Rift, Jehovah, and Satan and possibly about the good goalies which didn't win or didn't win as much (Glover, Shaw, Labatte). It does seem like after 500ish TPE, it's doesn't matter if goalies have 1,000 TPE or 500, they can all do equally well, especially in the playoffs.

And it would be ironic if Calgary's pick was used on Slaughter since NY got it for trading Labatte.

Great show. Great discussions on what the standings mean and expectations and really enjoyed the goalie discussion. I honestly think Mike hit the nail on the head. Sure at times 400-500 TPE goalies can topple the big giants in the league but as the sim has shown us no strategy is fool proof. Having that franchise goalie just lets you be more free with your roster, hence why GM's are latching onto that role at least some of them. Just gets a problem out of the way.

But I also agree that it doesn't mean there is no room for goalies. If a new member or someone else wants to be a goalie, be a goalie. I don't personally recommend it as from my own perspective it isn't exactly the most fun or diverse experience. But the best thing I can say for a member who wants to be a goalie is just to be active. Eventually you'll land on a team and be a franchise player in this league. Simple as that.

Anyway guys great listen. I vaguely remember having Mike on the Pajodcast and he always provides great analysis on the league so hopefully you can have him back Kendrick.

• 7 months later...