one girl, two cups

scoop

Four seasons into Diana Maxwell's career, I'm not super stoked with her stats overall. She struggled in her first two seasons, quite the opposite of her father, Benjamin Glover. Back in Season 24, Glover was the co-winner of the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy. During his second season, he was the top goalie over legends Daisuke Kanou and Aidan Shaw. Ultimately, Glover's career ended with a first ballot induction into the Hall of Fame, but one thing he never saw was a cup win.

Maxwell's career turned around after her second season, as she jumped up to 94 points, more than she had in her first two seasons combined. More importantly, she did something her father never did; she won a championship. And in Season 53, she won another, playing a more prominent role in the team's success, leading the club in goals and points during both the regular season and the playoffs.

At minimum, my goal with Maxwell is to make it into the Hall of Fame. Halfway through her career, having two cups is a good start. While the personal stats and accolades aren't quite up to par with where I'd like them or may need the to be. If she has a few more seasons like this last one, and ideally at least one more championship, I think that'll be enough.

1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

I feel like you've been waiting your whole career for this headline.

Nah, just thought it up during the playoffs when someone somewhere posted a 2 girls 1 cup reference.