Claimed: New York Americans Franchise Stat Update

Devise

So if you haven't heard we are on a free week for the magazine this week. Or more appropriately our amazing editor STZ, has decided to take a week off. Which means I need to throw a media spot together for Verner before the draft to show GM's just how invested I am in seeing Verner make it to the VHL next season. It just so happens I've been in the process of updating some of our all time franchise stats in the regular season and playoffs after the past couple of seasons of great runs, and I have to first and foremost thank the initial great work done by both @Advantage and @YEAH!stlemania for keeping this thing up to date up until S50, when I took over. Made updating this way easier than it probably had to be. So I'm going to take a look at some of the players on our current roster who have featured pretty highly on the two lists. If your interested in the all time stats for both regular season and playoffs (for skaters, I haven't done goalies because both Power and Ilya only put a season in in my tenure) you can visit the following two links.

Regular Season

Playoffs

Oh Captain My Captain @gorlab 

Bobby Digital has been with the New York Americans for nearly his entire VHL career. All but two games of it to be precise, as he was traded from the Davos Dynamo to the Americans after just two games in his rookie season of Season 49. After an attempted cup run that fell short in Season 49, then GM Ron Dayne III decided to go in the rebuild direction. That meant loading up on picks before Dayne would send the team my direction in Season 51. Digital however stayed, as both Dayne and myself felt this young player was worthy investing in, and building a core around. And while his name may not be associated with many individual awards, Digital has clearly made his mark on the all time franchise record books for the Americans. 

Bobby currently sits 19th in total games played, and signed until the end of his season with 3 seasons left he would be two games behind franchise leader Jukka Hakkinen for total games played. Literally the two games he played on Davos preventing him from spending every season and game with the franchise. And while Digital is not known much for his goal scoring, the defender has a knack for being an assist first player and sits 21st all time in regular season assists for the franchise, with lots of room left to climb. Finishing top ten, even top five in franchise assists for his career isn't out of the question. Digital also is 11th all time in hits with 816 with a target of reaching top five and even surpassing legendary defender Daniel Braxton not too far out of reach. Speaking of passing Braxton, as one of the lone stand out defenders on heavy forward squads, Digital is already 7th all time in franchise shots blocked with 597. Braxtons franchise best in that category is at 914, certainly not out of reach for Digital with three more seasons to go. The playoffs have been even kinder to the Digital Captain, as he sits in the top ten in playoff games played with 41, tied for second all time in playoff assists with 37, is in the top 15 of playoff points with 41 despite only having 4 goals to his playoff credit, is 9th in playoff hits with 112 and 5th in playoff shots blocked with 74. All signs point to Bobby Digital cracking a lot of top 5, if not challenge for several top 3 and even overall top spots in some of these categories. Digital has been the definition of a franchise Captain, and his loyalty and consistency with the franchise shows itself as he begins to enter his 6th season with the club. 

The Best Part of Waking Up Is Maxwell In Your Cup (I'm pretty sure that isn't how it goes) @Street x Lite

After joining the Americans in Season 51 with fellow Stockholm Viking teammate Essian Ravenwing, Maxwell had a slow start to her Americans career. But a breakout Season 52, followed by a very strong Season 53 as well as back to back very good playoff performances slots Maxwell already in three seasons with the club in some elite company. Maxwell sits 23rd all time in goals scored for the franchise, and with the exception of Gunnar Axelson and Zak Rawlyk has done so with far less games played than anyone else. Maxwell currently sits with 124 franchise goals in 216 games. Another 50+ goal campaign in Season 54 would put her in the top 15, and from there she could just keep climbing. Points wise Maxwell sits just behind Unassisted rounding out the bottom of the top 30 in points, she has 267 total. Maxwells biggest contributions however have come in the playoffs. She is tied for 2nd in playoff goals scored with only two playoff runs under her belt. She has 24 playoff goals scored in 36 playoff games. The legendary Connor Low also had 24 but needed 53 games to accomplish the feat. Leader Tukka Reikkinen only has 33, and if the Americans go another deep run Maxwell could have this spot locked up in only her third playoff run with the club. She also features in the top 15 in assists, with 24 total, and is tied for 4th in playoff points with fellow teammate Unassisted, both with 48. Despite not being the most physical player Maxwell sits in the top 15 in playoff hits as well. Maxwell has been nothing short of a playoff destroyer in her career, and with the Americans poised to keep on running, the possibility that she dominates a large portion of this least even by the end of Season 55 is high. 

I Can't Come Up With A Good Pun Or Joke For My Raven-Wing Yo @der meister

As the true anchor of the second line, much like Maxwell it took Ravenwing a season before he finally started to truly get going. Season 54 ended up being far more of a break out year despite a solid showing in Season 53, and while centering that second line means Ravenwing as of yet hasn't cracked a lot of the top lists in the regular season, there is still something to feature here. Despite being a playmaker most of his career, Ravenwing has had a knack for scoring goals when they matter most. Due to all the ties that are going on, Ravenwing is 17th all time in game winning goals for the Americans in the regular season with 20 total already. That is despite only scoring 58 goals total with the franchise, which means that over 34% of all goals Ravenwing scores are winners for the club. Just like Maxwell, Ravenwing also has featured far more heavily in the past two New York playoff runs. Sitting tied for 11th in playoff goals with 12, tied for seventh in playoff assists with 27, and tied for 11th in playoff points. The clutch scoring touch followed Ravenwing well into the playoffs as well, as he sits tied for fourth in game winning goals with 5, tied with the legendary Tom Slaughter and Maxwell. This is despite having scored far less total goals than either, as the 41 percent of his playoff goals are game winners. 

How Can Unassisted Assist Anyone? @STZ

When Unassisted joined the Americans for his remaining four seasons it signaled a new full on competitive era for the club. Unassisted has not let the club down in any capacity with only two seasons on the team so far, already is in the top 30 for goals with 113, points with 272, hits with 453, and even features in the top twenty of franchise game winning goals in the regular season at 21. What is probably most impressive is how little Unassisted is on the ice for a goal against, as the he sits 8th overall in +/- with a staggering +172 in only 144 games played. And while it's easy to look at other names for impressive playoff runs, Unassisted was no slouch in the past two playoffs for the franchise either. He is 6th in playoff goals with 18, 4th in playoff assists with 30, and tied for fourth in playoff points with Maxwell at 48. Unassisted is also fourth in playoff plus minus with a +19 rating. 

Da Sweet Dish Master Makes Great Food You Say @Pablo

Tom Lincoln will ultimately only be with the Americans for three seasons, as he was acquired from the Cologne Express (Because Device is a dummy) in a deal to complete what has been a rather over powering top line for the Americans the last few seasons. Despite his short tenure with the club, Lincolns success had had an impact on the all time records. In the regular season Lincoln is just behind Unassisted with 111 goals, is within the top 15 players in regular season +/- with a +139 as well. However like most of the modern Americans it's been the playoff performances that define the most of this run. Lincoln is 5th in goals scored in the playoffs for the Americans with 20, 8th in assists with 26, and 5th in total playoff points with 46. Just two behind fellow linemates Maxwell and Unassisted. Lincoln is also second in playoff +/- with a +23, only Connor Evans +32 is better. Lincoln also is third in playoff game winning goals with six, with the leader Tukka Reikkinen at 9. Much like many of this current New York core even though he will only have played three seasons with the club, Lincoln very much could feature higher on the regular season list and for sure be remembered as one of their more pivotal playoff performers in an era filled with clutch playoff performances. 

Shank Em, Shank Em Real Good Like @Phil

Last but not least we have Phil Shankly. The Season 52 draftee was taken first overall by the Americans in the Season 52 draft, and while there was high expectations for some more offense, Shankly has still found a way to contribute just when needed and be a critical piece to this current run. The biggest thing to note about Shankly in the regular season all time list is how high up he is already when it comes to hit. Despite only playing 144 games or two seasons, Shankly is already 19th on the all time franchise hits list with 616. Bobby Digital has exactly 200 more hits than that, despite playing in 3 more total seasons. After just signing a contract extension for a large portion of the rest of his career, Shankly is likely to finish very high on this list, if not first all time. Especially if his near 300+ hit seasons can keep coming out. The first place leader XXX has 2074 franchise hits, so there is still a ways to go for Shankly to climb up that list. The same rings true for his physical presence in the playoffs, as he already sits 5th in playoff hits for the club with 132 in only 36 games played. Daniel Braxtons franchise leading playoff hit total of 223 is looking more and more like an easy goal for Shankly to pass, depending on how successful this Americans team can be in continued playoff runs. 

In closing; I'm fully preparing myself for one of the biggest jersey retirement celebrations of all time with this era honestly. I may just wait till a majority of them are retired and do a lot in one big go. Even players like Unassisted or Lincoln, who feature in less total games than some of the other franchise names have contributed rather large totals in a relatively short amount of time. But with cases like Maxwell, Digital, and Ravenwing the leadership core here it's obvious their contributions to this overall franchise have been huge. And with Shankly trying to gun for an all time hits record and looking to stay with the team long term now, the reality is this New York era could be one of the best ever in the franchises history. I think that says a lot when you look at some of the names on these lists, including some of the names these players have already bested despite far less games played in some instances. 

Edited by Devise

Damn, pretty interesting. Hopefully I can keep up my production through regression and challenge for some top dman stats. 

Damn @ those 2 games played for hc shitvos tho. 

1 hour ago, Street x Lite said:

If I were to play the rest of my career in New York, I'd need to average 60 goals and 127.5 points to beat Jukka Hakkinen's franchise records.

I guess second wouldn't be too bad.

You'd also probably have a lot more other records in some instances. Playoffs as mentioned is pretty much yours if we go deep this season imo.