How did my S53 predictions do?

scoop

I think I did okay with my S53 predictions. Not great, to be honest, but I have to wonder how many people got any Jarvi or AK47's awards correct. My success mostly came from correctly predicting team success. I had all four of the team trophies picked correctly, but the only individual award I pegged was Jakab Holik as Top Goalie. Maybe that'll teach me for predicting a lot of New York awards (it actually didn't, and my current S54 predictions have a lot of New York awards).

How do I feel about the award winners? For the most part, I agree. My personal ballot agreed with all the winners except Advantage as Top GM and Hamilton as Top Defenseman, though those were two of the tougher awards to decide (I went with Higgins for Top GM and Velvet for Top Defenseman; I tried, @Higgins, now give me my TPE!).

Hopefully I do better with my S54 picks, but maybe this season I get more player awards right and less team trophies. That'd be swell.

for mist4ke

42 minutes ago, Devise said:

It was a tough vote, but 2/3rds of our cast voted Velvet too I believe. I'm pretty sure @Jericho and I mentioned we did. 

Can't blame the people that voted for Hamilton because it was a close one. I blame the people in the BOG who did not even take the time to cast a vote.

2 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Can't blame the people that voted for Hamilton because it was a close one. I blame the people in the BOG who did not even take the time to cast a vote.

Some didn't vote? What? 

14 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I don't vote for awards because I am "biased"

Damn, there goes the thoughts that all the weird random 1 votes were attributed to you haha. :P 

33 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

I don't vote for awards as I don't believe voting should be done by the BoG.

We agree. Those of us pushed to see an award committee, not the BoG as a blanket whole. 

8 minutes ago, Devise said:

We agree. Those of us pushed to see an award committee, not the BoG as a blanket whole. 

Which will be nothing more than a select group from the BoG, who coincidentally (and I use the term literally and not sarcastically) will be made up of a group of individuals who primarily win the awards in the first place.

40 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

Which will be nothing more than a select group from the BoG, who coincidentally (and I use the term literally and not sarcastically) will be made up of a group of individuals who primarily win the awards in the first place.

Well that is a load of lies. Tons of people not in the BoG win awards, have won awards in the past, and will win awards in the future. No serious candidates get disqualified, or don't get their due in this current system, or any system that pushes voting with debates and justification over blanket popularity voting. Which is exactly the type of mentality we didn't want this to be.  If you have a better solution, I'm all ears. Although I don't see how an award committee wouldn't solve matters since there are easily strong candidates outside of the BoG who would make it as well. 

Edited by Devise