Claimed: Team Streetlight [1/2]

scoop

Team Streetlight

I've been in the VHL for quite some time, and in that time, I have of course made several players. To be exact, I have made seven players. (Well, technically eight, but I don't count the zero TPE player I made back in S2 before I really joined the league.) Of all the players I've made, I have only duplicated a position one time, giving me one of everything plus a second goalie. That said, it is quite easy for me to make a lineup of my best players, and so I will. Essentially, this media spot will be me talking about my players, but in such a way that I'm imagining them all playing together.

Fayt Leingod - Keiji Toriyama - Diana Maxwell

My forwards have been relatively diverse, with Diana Maxwell being the clear standout among them. She is an all-around great player, and the only player in this trio who will provide any sort of physical play, though I wouldn't call her a power forward. Fayt Leingod was a solid goal scorer during his time, but he wasn't much more than that. Keiji Toriyama could sufficiently play the role of a playmaker in between the other two. Except for a lack of checking, Toriyama was a decent player in most aspects, but he was never really a star. Leingod was a two-time cup winner, but his only individual hardware was a Most Sportsmanlike award. That's still more than Toriyama, who had no accolades to his name, and whose biggest claim to fame is how many times he was traded. Maxwell still has three seasons left, but she has already won two championships, a Daisuke Kanou Trophy, and just this past season led the league in goals and points.

2Q==

Fayt Leingod, my first player

Lloyd Light - Geno Esposito

Lloyd Light was built to be an offensive defenseman, while Geno Esposito was much more physical. That gives my lineup a mix of playstyles on defense as well as in my forwards. Light did eventually switch to forward for the final season of his career, where he was further able to demonstrate his scoring prowess, but he was very solid on the defensive side of the ice as well. He did win a Labatte Trophy, something that Esposito never did. I do feel like Esposito would have gone on to have a better career if I didn't cut his career short. He played just five seasons, winning a championship in Season 20 with the Dynamo.

Benjamin Glover

In net, I have undoubtedly my best player (though Maxwell could contend that claim by the time her career is over) in Benjamin Glover. While I often felt like Glover's stats didn't quite reflect his skills, he was a two-time top goalie and five-time losing finalist. Though never a champion, Glover is my only player to have won a Scotty Campbell Trophy, being named the league's most valuable in S28. At the time of his retirement, his 1269 TPE was the record, but it was bested within a few seasons.

9k=

Benjamin Glover, my best player

I know that I am not the only member who could make a one-line team out of their players, and I am considering doing write-ups on some of the others and perhaps ranking them. The only other two that I know of without doing more research would be tfong and Kendrick, but I highly doubt that there aren't more out there.

@JPL

Azor Ahai - Mario Lee - Recreate God

Grady Simons - NYA D4

Revan Gotze

Jim Moriarty

(S42) G - Jim Moriarty, TPE: 10

(S43) C - Grady Simons, TPE: 19

(S45) LW - Azor Ahai, TPE: 14

(S49) C - Mario Lee, TPE: 96

(S54) G - Revan Gotze, TPE: 30

(S55) RW - Recreate God, TPE: 30

:lol:

Edited by Corco

Review:

I haven't been around long enough to see many of your players flourish, but just being around for Diana Maxwell and Lloyd Light is enough to know quality.

My own team wouldn't be a huge one, and it has no defense.

Zach Parechkin - Travis Boychuk - Bo Boeser

Torstein Ironside

I guess I'd throw Boychuk and his 900+ TPE at the center position, with Boeser on the right side and Parechkin on the left. That's 2200 TPE on the top line, with Ironside in net. Not bad I guess. :P

• Commissioner

I could manage a S54 NYA style 1 line team with my players; since I've only had 1 defenseman I can't do anything more though haha. That would be:

Alexander Beketov - Jason White - Jackson Miller

Roman Sokolov - CPU

Jakab Holik

Edited by Beketov

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

FTFY

:dogshocked:

Of course, how could I forget. I mean Sharpe did get a cup after all, that means he's the best right?