Claimed: Introductory VHLM Interview with Ben Green [1/2]

bgreene21

Ben Green has signed with the Ottawa Lynx! We were able to catch up with Ben recently after practice to ask some questions.

How are you enjoying your first few days in Ottawa?

“It’s been great. I was glad when I garnered a lot of interest from the Ottawa organization because I already have some friends from around the hockey community that were playing here. To be able to step into an organization mid season that is winning games already, and to be able to do it surrounded by familiar faces is just making this transition from amateur to pro go more smoothly. As for the city of Ottawa, I couldn’t be happier with a location to call my temporary home. I mean it’s the capital city of Canada, what more could a hockey player ask for?”

Some would say that early on here you’re not showing to produce at the level expected of you, thoughts?

“It’s early. I’ve only played in two games, and even though I’ve yet to score, I’ve played some pretty solid ice time. We are undefeated in the two games I’ve played in, and my plus minus sits at a cumulative 1. Even though I don’t have any goals or assists, I’ve proven I can step in and win a faceoff on a power play, and what people are even more surprised of, that I can hang in there with the big boys. Not only have I not gotten pushed around, so far in the league I’ve been able to push a few others around. This can only go to show that the experts that said I would struggle to stay upright were in fact wrong.”

Sounds like you’ve been paying attention to the scouting reports. Feel like you have something to prove to the scouts?

“Only to the VHL scouts. I want my name to go around the league in a positive manner. That can only help your draft stock. A lot of the scouts we have to deal with today are unfortunately just media guys trying to sound intelligent. Like they know the game of hockey inside and out. They want to sort of predict you to be a certain kind of player and then they pray you never break the mold they set for you, so that they seem more talented. Realistically a lot of those guys are great, but a lot of those guys aren’t. The ones that aren’t are the ones your agent typically tells you to try an ignore, even if they build up a ton of hype around you. Just focus on the game and ignore the rest. Wise words of my agent.”

Ok last question, what is your career goal?

“Ok, so I have two that hold equally important ranking in my mind. One being that obviously I’d like to win a championship in the VHL. That should be every potential VHL players goal. Forget all the individual accolades, give me a title. The second one that is equally important, I want to win a world cup title with the United States. That one is big for me. Not only do I have to make the team, but then we have to have a great outing. It would surely be a major highlight in my career if I could attribute to that.”

Thank you Ben.

"Thank you!"

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Introductory VHLM Interview with Ben Green [1/2]