VHLM TPE Ranking Revisited

Spade18

Image result for ohl pictures

Last week, I put together some quick numbers to determine the rank of the VHLM teams.  The teams were in order of total TPE of all their players, I had also added a second stat of average TPE per player to see if quality over quantity has any effect.  The landscape of the VHLM has changed after the first 20 days, with many players being added to rosters, and rosters fixed and players updated, it seemed prudent to re visit this topic to see the changes.  I also added in the teams actual ranking for comparison.

Original Rankings

Team                                            Total TPE                  Average TPE per player

1. Ottawa Lynx                                 1361                          75.61 (18 players)

2. Las Vegas Aces                          1048                          61.65 (17 players)

3. Oslo Storm                                   968                            69.14 (14 players)

4. Yukon Rush                                  965                            64.33 (15 players)

5. Saskatoon Wild                           898                            56.13 (16 players)

Updated Rankings

Team                                             Total TPE                 Average TPE per player                    League Position

1. Ottawa Lynx                                 1420                          88.75 (16 players)                              1

2. Las Vegas Aces                          1363                          68.15 (20 players)                              2

3. Yukon Rush                                  1112                          69.50 (16 players)                              5

4. Oslo Storm                                   1038                          69.20 (15 players)                              4

5. Saskatoon Wild                           994                             62.13 (16 players)                             3

Ottawa once again leads in total TPE and Average TPE.  With large leads in both categories they also happen to have them most wins in the VHL. They lead over Las Vegas Aces, who have played one less game.  Las Vegas leads the season series against Ottawa 1-0-1, and their next game is against Ottawa which could swap their position in the standings. The Yukon Rush jump up from 4th to 3rd, over taking the storm, yet despite the rise in TPE they are in last place.  This can most likely be attributed to the GM not turning in the rosters and the first 4 games being throw aways.  We'll keep an eye on this and see how it changes over the season.  Olso drops despite a 70 point increase in TPE, claiming 4th place in both this list and n the league.  And the Saskatoon Wild, who have both the lowest total TPE and the lowest average TPE, yet own the 3rd position in the league.  

I'll keep an eye on this as the season continues to see if any trends form.  Hope you enjoy!

Edited by Spade18

2 minutes ago, Tagger said:

Liking these articles, keep it up.

Great to see us dramatically close that gap on Ottawa as well!

Well I did release a whole bunch of players and you signed lots 

4 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Well I did release a whole bunch of players and you signed lots 

True, though even if you discount those players who you released on there though, it still looks like we've gained some ground.