Beketov CoDCast #64 [1/2] [Reviewed]

Beketov

• Commissioner

No idea why it won't embed the video, it's saying YouTube won't allow it although embedding is enabled so who knows. Ignore that first sentence, I am dumb. Either way, we're back in MWR with actually some decent games; and then a couple of infuriating ones. Between shouting about camping bitches I did manage to answer some questions from @Phil and @Beaviss though.

Edited by Beketov

Just now, Beketov said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slWYOrp41r0

No idea why it won't embed the video, it's saying YouTube won't allow it although embedding is enabled so who knows. Either way, we're back in MWR with actually some decent games; and then a couple of infuriating ones. Between shouting about camping bitches I did manage to answer some questions from @Phil and @Beaviss though.

Says video is unavailable have it set to private?

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Beaviss said:

Says video is unavailable have it set to private?

That also explains why it wouldn't embed! Could have sworn I hit unlisted but I guess it decided that it was private instead. Fixed now.

#RookieMistakes

Edited by Beketov

The activity levels to my understanding are at the highest in a long time. in the VHLM every team has a couple really active players unfortunately there's only two active GM's myself and corco so it makes GM activities hard. But other then that it's a great time with players really caring about how their team is playing. Also almost all the teams have a full roster which is great to see I do believe that their is 0 roster CPU players.

Edited by Beaviss

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Beaviss said:

The activity levels to my understanding are at the highest in a long time. in the VHLM every team has a couple really active players unfortunately there's only two active GM's myself and corco so it makes GM activities hard. But other then that it's a great time with players really caring about how their team is playing.

While that's great now it unfortunate can't keep up without a steady stream of players. This is the nature of the VHLM. Big draft years like this one result in a good amount of competition. But within 2 years everyone will be up in the VHL. Unless players come in to replace them it can easily become a wasteland again.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

While that's great now it unfortunate can't keep up without a steady stream of players. This is the nature of the VHLM. Big draft years like this one result in a good amount of competition. But within 2 years everyone will be up in the VHL. Unless players come in to replace them it can easily become a wasteland again.

Should just do a big recruitment drive when activity starts faltering again. Only one way to fix that problem 

• Commissioner
Just now, Beaviss said:

Should just do a big recruitment drive when activity starts faltering again. Only one way to fix that problem 

Your enthusiasm is nice, I'll give you that. I'm sure we'll definitely try as we always do. If we can get even 1 member of your quality out of it each time then it's definitely worth it.

28 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

I'd say it should be the slowest time of the year beacuse of people going back to school 

Except for it's been this dead for a good portion of the summer. Oh people must be enjoying the sun.

It doesn't get much better in winter, either though.

1 minute ago, punkhippie said:

Except for it's been this dead for a good portion of the summer. Oh people must be enjoying the sun.

It doesn't get much better in winter, either though.

I'll be here! Just need to do a big recruiting spree or do some adds what would really help is an app for this something with notifications and shit that would really separate vhl from the rest

7 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

I'll be here! Just need to do a big recruiting spree or do some adds what would really help is an app for this something with notifications and shit that would really separate vhl from the rest

Well I guess living where you do, you do need to find a way to kill time lol :P 

Review:

- I know, fuck. Calgary eliminated us. Yeah, I agree it's not the hugest upset considering how the games were played during the season. But on paper, we should have killed it. Ah, well.

- Yeah, Sok did have 7 points in 6 games. Although a -2, but we got fucked up those last few games so I'm not too concerned about that. You're actually still 4th in defenseman points, only 1 point behind the 2 tied at 2nd and 3rd, even though they've played double the games as you.

- This draft is actually pretty deep. 4 guys above 200 right now. 8 guys above 150. So with us being eliminated in the 1st round, lol, we'll land a good pick at least. Phil is definitely a want, and you know he doesn't fuck around with activity when he's on his game, but if we're picking up in the tops it might not be him, and I'm not confident we could land him with a 2nd. So I might actually take him if he's there, but who the fuck knows until it happens. I'm not super confident somebody above us won't just grab him because he's Phil and not care much about a 30-40 TPE gap.

- There's actually a lot of actives in this draft. A bunch of guys who have updated within the past week or 2. There are 18 players who have updated in the past month. That's pretty amazing for a draft.

- I doubt we're picking a goalie, since I have Ironside there. Ironside still has a lot of career ahead of him, and with the TPE gap between him and this draft class I wouldn't want to pick a goalie just to have him as a backup behind Ironside for half his career.

- Sok was 5th in defenseman points. Not too far off to be considered for Labatte, but just a little shy to be a top 2 consideration I think. It's too bad for that mid-season drought. It's shitty considering the strategies and Sokolov being on every line etc etc etc. He got the minutes, he had offensive enough strats to get points, as he did in the 1st third and last 3rd, but in that 2nd third of the season it was just weird. Toronto still winning, but Xander Finn getting most of the points. That was a nice surprise though, Xander Finn killed it.

- Beaviss in the top 5 will be interesting. It all comes down to positional needs. He's ranked 5th in TPE, and TLO's goalie is in there. I'm not sure about the Top 5's need for goaltending or D, so I can't clearly say he'll go Top 5, but it wouldn't be surprising at all.

- I loved the VHLM when I was new too. I still enjoy it now, but when I'm not in there I don't pay attention too much besides here and there. I'm not one who thinks it should go though.

- This was a long review.

review

- So @Beketov walks into a CoD game and dies... 

- POST PARTY WOO-WOO!

- you just shot the guy in the crotch. 

- It has been a while since we had a post party. 

- It was a pretty big upset but you're right, it wouldn't have mattered who won. 

- NICE BENNINGTON IS GOING FIRST ROUND (maybe?)

- I mean, I still need to write my RP an Bio, so not terrible.. and I created late haha. I want to be drafted by Vasteras.. if it is Vasteras ( @Bushito;) ) although being drafted to Toronto.. I wouldnt be complaining either

- The depth of this draft is pretty cool. 

- I do believe I should win the Boulet. I think I am in the minority there though, because of Axelson and everyone's inability to consider Hits Taken and performance WITHIN a team as well as within the league. 

- Sokolov is still young. Flashes of brilliant are sweet to see at this point. Toronto are going to be really good next season. 

- RAGE AIR STRIKE WOOO! NICE!!! LOVE IT

- Yea @Beaviss wait until you get to the VHL :):):)

- I thnk you would be a good choice for Commissioner ;) #Beke4Commish

- yea @Devise was a good choice as well. 

- Phil would be an amazing GM. But he will never want to GM. haha

- Okay time to do my podcast now.