Claimed: Two players [1/2]

NotAVHLM-GM

VHL Finals: Pietro Maximoff versus Peter Quill

I was very sceptical about the two player system when it released, maybe it was because I was bored of the VHL and knew I did not want to put in more effort then before, or maybe I was just to much focussed on being passed by a lot of players in terms of championships won. In the end, even though I signed up as a filler with the initial lottery, I did not feel I would ever make a second player.

That was until the easter event, where I won a prize that could be added to both players. I was stupid enough to fall for the trick (as it was maybe the least ideal time to create a new player) and I gave in and made Peter Quill. While I created Quill I switched my focus in updating from Maximoff to Quill, trying to at least do the point tasks while continuing the welfare on Maximoff. Maximoff was good anyway, these few points would not make a lot of difference I guessed. Quill on the other hand, sucked and kept sucking. It keeps feeling like he is my worst player ever and always will be (mostly due to the late creation and the amount of TPE I could have gotten extra if I created at a normal time). But yet, here we are, the speedster mutant and the half-celestial star-lord are head to head in the finals and both scored 6 goals during the playoffs. Never I expected Quill to match Maximoff’s goal total, especially since he is a shoot first guy and usually is in the running for the most shots in the league.

I got asked by Anderson on discord which player I preferred that won, but at this point I don’t really care, I’m happy I gave into the two player system and will not end up dissapointed, I will win a cup and thats a good feeling. It’s like in the EFL where Bushito his two players played the championship game, and while he might have had a preference between the players, he still was sure of a victory, just like I have now in the VHL. So far I have won cups with Toronto (LeBeau), Cologne, Helsinki, New York (O’Malley) and Riga (Maximoff), so in terms of teams I can add another team to the list as well. It might be a nice farewell present to Maximoff to send him into retirement with his second cup after only winning one early in his career with Riga and after that failed to win it with Seattle and Stockholm. On the other hand, if I would win one with Quill, it will keep my streak alive of winning a cup with each of my players. So every scenario has its positive sides, so I feel blessed being able to go into the finals and not having to worry about winning. I have lost too many finals in the past to know how much it can suck (even most of them were in the SHL I think, where I also lost a final this season to keep my eastern conference losing streak alive). In the VHL I feel I have been lucky. After losing a few finals with LeBeau and only winning one cup, I got on one of the best cup winning streaks with O’Malley, winning a grand total of four cups during his career. And after that I felt that I had won it all (besides that elusive Grimm Jonsson I really wanted), but even though I think it was a three-way share, I finally got that one with Maximoff (even though I feel I deserved it more with the previous players due to my more inactive approach with this player).

The last weeks I have been thinking about the VHL and I came close to quitting, I created Adam Warlock to try tos park interest, but the thoughts have not gone away yet. This finals however are keeping my hopes up. With being able to add another team to my list of teams I have won a cup with, I feel like I should continue and try to catch them all. So Seattle, Calgary, Stockholm and one of Quebec/Davos, you know what you need to do at the Season 58 draft. I want to play for you guys and win a cup with you with Warlock. I don’t necesarrily trust the proces or have a good history of playing for Bushito with the whole Quill drama that sparked in the VHL (even though it was mostly others and not even him who complained) but I don’t mind, I feel this could be a goal for me to ensure my activity. Maybe not on LeBeau levels, but one player trying to do the point tasks while claiming welfare on another could work. And if I spread my players over the two conferences, I hope to end up in another final like this, a final where I just cant lose. So with either one or two games to go, I will have my seventh cup in the VHL, an amount where I am proud off. Especially considering how shitty my luck is in the SHL.

I always thought that Maximoff would be my last player, I had the same thoughts for Quill and am saying the same thing about Warlock. But the truth is, it ain’t over until it’s truly over and there will always be goals you can fulfill in this league. Be it setting some weird backup goalie records like Yeah! or try to win a cup with every franchise what I want to try to do. There is always something to aim for and while this might not be the largest community, not to most depth rosters in the sim league world, it is a league where you even can contribute with a lesser player. Not everyone needs tob e a tpe whore to succeed, I think that might be one of the biggest lessons I have learned. The VHL is a great place to be in and now I have experienced it, I think the two player system isnt really as bad as I initially thought it would be.

Words: 1045 (2 PT's for Warlock)

Will be claimed for the weeks of:

September 25

October 2

Edited by Green

Just now, Green said:

I asked Higgins if I could bank the reward and he said no :P Lack of sleep makes you do weird things, like creating players at the most retarded time possible.

Oh well I will remember Quill from Vegas. Maybe I should start my journey of winning a Cup with each franchise

now THAT is something that definitely motivates me @boubabi @KGR @Higgins

Just now, scøtty said:

Oh well I will remember Quill from Vegas. Maybe I should start my journey of winning a Cup with each franchise

now THAT is something that definitely motivates me @boubabi @KGR @Higgins

How far are you in that aspect? (I'm glad I got Cologne out of the way at least ;) )

8 hours ago, Green said:

Hehe not sure if I'll do the VHLM teams to be honest, cant remember what I won or didnt win there. It's the majors that count.

So this will be your sixth team... are you the leader in that aspect? Might be a BIG deficit to start off with, but it's not unrealistic for me to be to amongst the first ones to finish the feat :P

35 minutes ago, scøtty said:

So this will be your sixth team... are you the leader in that aspect? Might be a BIG deficit to start off with, but it's not unrealistic for me to be to amongst the first ones to finish the feat :P

Doubt im leading in that, there are guys with 30 seasons more in this league.

14 minutes ago, Green said:

Doubt im leading in that, there are guys with 30 seasons more in this league.

As of S49...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/165oI19jbK4FKVxfpmOujIjxp1dNnEtfYO2-skVO13Pw/edit#gid=1

Now it isn't TOO hard to figure out which team which year corresponds to, and it isn't TOO bothersome to figure out which members won after S49...

Maybe I'll do it later this weekend when I need a break from studying.

Edited by scøtty

1 hour ago, scøtty said:

As of S49...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/165oI19jbK4FKVxfpmOujIjxp1dNnEtfYO2-skVO13Pw/edit#gid=1

Now it isn't TOO hard to figure out which team which year corresponds to, and it isn't TOO bothersome to figure out which members won after S49...

Maybe I'll do it later this weekend when I need a break from studying.

Thanks for reminding me, I am up to 6 cups now :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corco changed the title to Claimed: Two players [1/2]