Trade! [1/2]

diamond_ace

OTTAWA_SKYLINE_AND_PARLIAMENT_BUILDINGS_

Vaclav Hrdina, until recently of the Las Vegas Aces, found out just last night that he'd been traded to the Ottawa Lynx. It was actually pretty odd how it happened - the trade went through while Hrdina was sleeping, so his agent packed up his stuff and let him sleep to get ready for the next game. When Hrdina woke up, he was immediately whisked away to the airport to a charter plane provided by his new team, because they wanted him to play in a game only 6 hours after the trade was announced. When Hrdina arrived at the airport, he and his agent were directed to drive directly onto the tarmac, rather than going through the airport, where they were greeted by fellow traded player Colton Rayne and his agent and they all boarded the plane together. Once on the plane, Rayne filled Hrdina in on what was going on - at that point, he didn't really know anything about it other than the basics.

Obviously the situation got to him a little, because he played in two games that night with Ottawa and failed to record a single point. Ultimately, this isn't that surprising, as the coach hadn't had time to do much with the lines and Hrdina was just kind of put somewhere, and also he'd not had a chance to develop chemistry with any of his teammates (other than of course, Rayne). This will come in time, though. For these games, he just had time to pull into the locker room, change, and play. His agent even needed to take a trip out to get some food while he got ready as they had no opportunity to stop. We'll see how the next games go.

"You know, it's a whirlwind sometimes in hockey. Usually though, you expect to see big trades like this in the offseason or at the deadline, not at this point in the season. I chose Vegas in free agency, figuring I'd be there for a bit, at least to the deadline if not the end of the season, and then next thing you know, poof I'm Ottawa property. There are pros and cons to this type of thing of course. On one hand, I'm sure my playing time will be a lot less now, since I'm on a team with better players rather than the replacement level guys on Las Vegas, like that scrub BER D2. Less playing time will lead to smaller stat lines, but I've never really been a stats first guy, so it's fine. On the other hand, having more players around will make practice more interesting and the social atmosphere surrounding the team will be more interesting. Now it's weird to think about that, Ottawa having a better social atmosphere than the most social city on the continent, but it's about the team, not the city, and the team has more guys on it. One issue, though, is that since I didn't have a lot of notice, I had some stuff stashed away in my apartment in Vegas that my agent didn't know about, so couldn't get. I'll call up BER LW1 tomorrow and have him ship it out - maybe while he's here, he can try out for Ottawa too!"

• 1 month later...

REVIEW: 

On 27.10.2017 at 2:45 AM, diamond_ace said:

On the other hand, having more players around will make practice more interesting and the social atmosphere surrounding the team will be more interesting. Now it's weird to think about that, Ottawa having a better social atmosphere than the most social city on the continent, but it's about the team, not the city, and the team has more guys on it.

Just curious, is Ottawa LR active? Judging by @Beaviss post count, it's doing fine enough. And it's interesting to see Hrdina end up in Ottawa once again, I still remember I couldn't recruit you to Bratislava back then 9Cbddty.png

Anyway, good luck on chasing the cup and maybe see ya in VHL league too (idk, if you'll make it to NY). 

4 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

REVIEW: 

Just curious, is Ottawa LR active? Judging by @Beaviss post count, it's doing fine enough. And it's interesting to see Hrdina end up in Ottawa once again, I still remember I couldn't recruit you to Bratislava back then 9Cbddty.png

Anyway, good luck on chasing the cup and maybe see ya in VHL league too (idk, if you'll make it to NY). 

Active enough for my tastes, but LR has never really been a thing for me