Claimed: The GMMT Movement [1/2]

diamond_ace

620-faceoff-thumb-620xauto-354936.jpg

The Give Me My TPE movement, or GMMT for short, has begun in full force. The first player on board, wishing to make himself publicly known to the league, is Ottawa Lynx center Vaclav Hrdina. This comes as a bit of a surprise, as Hrdina has only recently returned to the league and his position is quite tenuous as he's only a borderline talent at this point. If the movement fails horribly (as many such movements do) Hrdina could be pushed out of the league in disgrace and forced to return to the Czech league where he played between his two stints in the VHLM. We've caught up with Hrdina to get his thoughts on the matter.

"Give Me My TPE is a voice for the little people, a voice for those who are going unheard due to the recent tyranny of player agency KGR. You don't have to be a star, with the best skills in every category, to have an opinion on the issues in the league and the direction it faces. Everyone has the right to be heard, and it's about time KGR heard that. Could it affect my position in the league? I mean I suppose it could, it's possible they won't want to have any issues boiling to the surface and will silently buy out my rights behind the scenes or something like that. I don't know, there are too many good people in the real positions of power, so I kind of don't expect it, but you never know what decisions people will be forced to make when they feel like they're backed into a corner. That whole thing goes back to how it affects me though. I feel backed into a corner so I've created GMMT to fight for my right to discuss league issues. I think the league is in a pretty good position at the moment and honestly, I don't think they're particularly inclined to change much of anything right now. Every few weeks another issue is brought up, and someone puts forward something they would like to see implemented. Except it's usually not put in those terms - I would like to see this implemented. It's usually said in a tone more along the lines of, do this or the league will die. Most of them don't happen, and where are we? 57 seasons later, as a still functional league, without most of these knee jerk reaction changes people insist are necessary. The sad part is that I was actually trying to help KGR. I'd put forward an option that was somewhat of a compromise between what he wanted and what the league currently had, even though I didn't necessarily feel like a change was warranted at all. Then, rather than taking my compromise as another possible option, he chose to come after my right to even comment on league issues, just because I only came back from the Czech league prior to this season. His hard line stance is going to hurt his proposal going forward, and his inability to allow even the slightest deviation from exactly, word for word, the proposal he wants will see it die on the discussion table if it even makes it there. It's sad, really. Another member had actually come forward with the idea and seemed receptive to a real discussion on the issue at hand, and had that member been the one spearheading the debate, things might have gotten somewhere. I still maintain no change is needed, but at least he understood the notion of debate. KGR took over, pushed it forward like a bull spotting the color red for the first time, and in essence might have ended things before they got a chance to leave the ground. We'll see what the people with actual, real power think of it though."

Well then... that was quite the rant there by Hrdina. Time will tell if he actually has some semblance of a point, but at least he's fired up about the league, something we haven't seen from him even before he left the first time. This is exactly the type of fire his mentor Clark Marcellin had been trying to instill in him for some time, and despite the early morning and all day practices, nothing ever really seemed to click. Now, maybe it has. Hrdina is absolutely too late in his career to become another version of Marcellin, solely for the sake of longevity, but if he can make a career at or above the success rate of agent diamond_ace's former player Kerkko Hyvarinen, that would be a decent career for someone starting so late. Hyvarinen was a defenseman so it would be hard to compare him statistically to a center such as Hrdina, but the two can be compared in terms of general overall skill, seasons in the VHL, and approximate overall contribution to their respective VHL teams (assuming of course that Hrdina ends up playing for New York, who he is currently contracted to for a single season, rather than somewhere else.  He could definitely contribute somewhere else as well, should he end up there, but at this time New York is his choice).

1024px-Czech_Ice_Hockey_Association_logo

Having wasted so many years of his potential eligibility for the VHL by playing in the Czech league, there's obviously only so high of a ceiling for Hrdina. The floor, presumably, is only slightly above where he is now. If GMMT produces no other members, but pushes Hrdina nearer his ceiling than his floor, will that be considered a success for the movement on the whole? It's likely Hrdina will want backing for any major movement, if he wants to make it a true movement rather than just his own rantings against the system. At this time, it's unlikely we can project anyone else joining GMMT, though. If nothing else, it has achieved one goal: Hrdina's voice is heard. People in the league are now aware of him, far more than perhaps even he wanted. What else will come of the GMMT movement remains to be seen, but it'll be an interesting thing to watch as it either grows or dies.

Edited by diamond_ace

• 1 month later...

REVIEW:

Dis Trifecta, again on his tense shit. But it made some activity in that day, so we can't complain here. 

I was also about to join the GMMT movement, but then why I even need that when my player leads the league with 400 TPE anyway. And I don't need to Hrdina to rack up much TPE to make our contender stronger. So stay with 100 something TPE, ok? 7ymFBMzl.png

...but then this movement died in the same day anyway WHMmbBO.gif

@diamond_ace

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Claimed: The GMMT Movement [1/2]