Banned from practice [1/2]

jRuutu

phoenixnights1_3263113b.jpg

Tomorrow will be two weeks since I last time practiced with Quebec Meute. Somebody might be wondering what is the reason behind that, is some kind of injury preventing me from working out or what? I can tell you, when I tried to get inside our practice facilities, two big guy guys are standing in front of the door and blocking everybody who look like a hockey player from getting in. I managed to get in when I tried two weeks ago, but on the next day they asked for ID and when my name was on their list, I did not get in anymore.

At first I thought it´s just some kind of practical joke the guys of Meute are running where they try to get me do something stupid and then have it on film. I did not think too much about it, when I was denied access to our practice facilities, I went home and took rest of the day off. Nobody tried to call me during that day, usually skipping practice is not something that gets positive reaction from other players and from the coaching staff, but still nobody tried to get hold of me? That I thought was weird when I was laying on my bed later that night, but too late then to worry about stuff, so I just closed my eyes and went to sleep.

in_content.jpg?1303845502

On the next day I went to practice normally or was going to, I ate my porridge and when the weather was nice - I decided to cycle to the practice, only about 25 mins from my place to the practice facilities, so good way to warmup and get fresh air. When I arrived to the facilities, the two guys were standing there again. I did something out of character and asked from them what was going? Why cant I get in? They said that they cant give any information, but it´s coming from league and every team is affected.

I once again went home, couple hours later the GM called and informed me what was going. The league updaters are on strike and every team practice is called off until the strike is over. All practice must be individual and focus mostly on keeping physical and mental attributes up, so we can still play on the games normally.

ps4-overview-screen-01-eu-06sep16?$Media

This is a first time I remember seeing anything like this during my VHL career so far, usually we have been able to practice and get better, but without updaters - what are you going to do? Mysterious times we are living, but I guess it´s not all bad. Can use this time to put even more focus on resting and hopefully that helps in preventing injuries from happening. Playoffs are not far away, so updater strike could even be blessing in disguise, tight schedule during regular season is going to eventually show on even the toughest and most fit teams, usually during playoff time, when players are tired, injury risk gets higher.

We shall see what happens during this week and weekend, should hear some positive news soon hopefully at least!

• 1 month later...

REVIEW:

THIS IS WHY QUEBEC DIDN'T WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! ...psyke. 

Shit happens, the S57 was so boring at times even updaters didn't care much. At the end, every player was updated so we're good. But I don't get it, why Fabio just didn't punch these two guys to their faces? He's a big guy, isn't it? Or he couldn't do it because his balls were too dr....you know. 

@jRuutu

12 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

REVIEW:

THIS IS WHY QUEBEC DIDN'T WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! ...psyke. 

Shit happens, the S57 was so boring at times even updaters didn't care much. At the end, every player was updated so we're good. But I don't get it, why Fabio just didn't punch these two guys to their faces? He's a big guy, isn't it? Or he couldn't do it because his balls were too dr....you know. 

@jRuutu

I´m too nice, I don´t punch people in the face unless they have skates on of course.