[S58] -- (S52) Sami Zayn

Bushito

7 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Wut 

Wut you mean wut? The guy hasn't posted in 2 months (Inactive my definition) There have been no offers for over 24 hours, we offered the same and I offered first. As far as I know he is in Calgary unless I'm missing something.

6 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Didn't realize you could offer inactives more than one season 

I've been in the rules on and off for 2 days and didn't see anything on that but even so it'd just go to a 1 year deal then I'd assume. 

Kinda interesting with the recent rule change. I think it’s pretty clear he’s considered an inactive. However, it’ll be interesting if they judge Bushito’s two Year offer valid. Technically on a matched offer he goes to the team with reverse standings priority after 24hrs of day one FA.

However, because Bushito adjusted his offer, it would seem as though Helsinki’s offer stood uncontested for 24hs..

Have fun, Commishes!

2 hours ago, STZ said:

Kinda interesting with the recent rule change. I think it’s pretty clear he’s considered an inactive. However, it’ll be interesting if they judge Bushito’s two Year offer valid. Technically on a matched offer he goes to the team with reverse standings priority after 24hrs of day one FA.

However, because Bushito adjusted his offer, it would seem as though Helsinki’s offer stood uncontested for 24hs..

Have fun, Commishes!

Mine stood uncontested for 24 hours before any change was made. The only reason a change was made was because someone told me I had to take a year off but that doesn't seem to be the case. As per the rule book he is Calgary property.

4.2 – Unrestricted Free Agents
An unrestricted free agent will be determined as a player who has 0 years left on their contract, a player who declined a player option/the GM declining a team option or not officially picking up the option at the time of the start of free agency, and is not a restricted free agent under the definition described in Section 4.1

• A contract must meet TPE – Salary minimums for every season in the contract
  • After the trade deadline has passed, teams may not sign a player from free agency until the conclusion of the playoffs
  • A player may accept a contract at any time after the contract is offered, unless there is a limit on free agency length in the off-season. If a player is inactive, then if the thread does not see a raise after 24 hrs, they will go to the team with the highest $ value bid. When offering a contract to an inactive, the dollar amount has to be within the contract scales during non-option seasons thus preventing a team from offering a back-end loaded contract that is all based on conditional team options.
  • All contract offers must be publicly posted in the thread.
  • Any raise on a previous offer for inactives must be by a minimum of $250 000.
  • Free Agent Contracts will have a cap hit equal to the salary earned during that given year
  • As described in Section 1.5, one-season contract extensions to inactive players are valid as long as the team offers the player a contract extension AND the player doesn't decline it before the start of free agency AND that player hasn't posted in 30 days leading up to the start of free agency.

34 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Mine stood uncontested for 24 hours before any change was made. The only reason a change was made was because someone told me I had to take a year off but that doesn't seem to be the case. As per the rule book he is Calgary property.

4.2 – Unrestricted Free Agents
An unrestricted free agent will be determined as a player who has 0 years left on their contract, a player who declined a player option/the GM declining a team option or not officially picking up the option at the time of the start of free agency, and is not a restricted free agent under the definition described in Section 4.1

• A contract must meet TPE – Salary minimums for every season in the contract
  • After the trade deadline has passed, teams may not sign a player from free agency until the conclusion of the playoffs
  • A player may accept a contract at any time after the contract is offered, unless there is a limit on free agency length in the off-season. If a player is inactive, then if the thread does not see a raise after 24 hrs, they will go to the team with the highest $ value bid. When offering a contract to an inactive, the dollar amount has to be within the contract scales during non-option seasons thus preventing a team from offering a back-end loaded contract that is all based on conditional team options.
  • All contract offers must be publicly posted in the thread.
  • Any raise on a previous offer for inactives must be by a minimum of $250 000.
  • Free Agent Contracts will have a cap hit equal to the salary earned during that given year
  • As described in Section 1.5, one-season contract extensions to inactive players are valid as long as the team offers the player a contract extension AND the player doesn't decline it before the start of free agency AND that player hasn't posted in 30 days leading up to the start of free agency.

I guess the counter argument is was it a valid offer that was uncontested for 24 hrs.

also, FYI here’s the revamped inactive rule changes

3 minutes ago, STZ said:

I guess the counter argument is was it a valid offer that was uncontested for 24 hrs.

also, FYI here’s the revamped inactive rule changes

They should add that to the rules section, would make sense anyway. So money doesn't matter, years don't matter, it comes down to priority. We both claimed and I have highest priority.