Claimed: stop it [1/2]

Tyler

Off Season Report

While some have complained and brought up valid points about how boring this off season has been, as a GM I find it's been relatively entertaining and interesting. I've had many trades floated to me that will never come to pass that would have shaken things up a bit. I don't want to reveal the details but you can trust that I am not over blowing at least one of them. It would not have been a giant trade but would have added to a contender. Ether way, with the contraction draft, the regular draft, trade speculation there is also a solid free agency class this year. It has two big names, one slightly less but nice name and a bunch of depth. Over the course of this I will look at the moves I did make and the draft picks I made as well as speculate a little on free agency. 

I'm going to begin with the contraction draft which is winding up now. All my picks have been made so I am just waiting to cash in now. I am going to spoil my picks but whatever it's not a big thing anyway. So I had the third overall pick which is nice because it gave me a chance to get a valued player. Chase Keller was the obvious number one pick for most teams while Shawn Gretzky was the probable, if not certain, number two. With third I had a choice that I already outlines in another point task. I think I mad the right call and @TheLastOlympian07 should offer me solid goaltending going forward and be in his prim when I am ready to contend. He also let me retire Burger King and create S59 player The Charm. I needed a forward badly so this gave me another piece to the puzzle. 

LA-Kings-Experince-640x360.jpg

next up I had twelfth and took Jakub Pastranak. Not really a high end player but he gives me another forward for this year. I know I should tank but we won't make the playoffs anyway, so it doesn't really matter. I'd rather put up more points then be a bottom feeder relying on a goalie again. He should be a solid enough player that is at least better then a CPU. Next up I took a Cologne second in the VHL draft. The draft was very shallow on high end talent with only about 8-10 actives. However it's always worth a shot that someone logs on and likes what they see again. 

so the actual draft I made an actual "big board" of sorts the other day just so I knew who to pick at what pick. Here is what it looked like before the draft:

1. Kriztof Mueller

2. Aksel McNight

3. Ivan Morozov

4. Dragon McDragon Face

5. Lavar Ball

6. Elias Sobeck

7. Adam Warlock

8. Rsyzard Macht

9. Elias Karlsson

10. Vlad Koradeck

I had Kriztof Mueller ranked number one at the time just out of trust that @ADV can make a solid player. He's consistent at what he does and would have been a reliable franchise forward. I then had Aksel McNight at second. I think the second and third picks were complete toss up's (and indeed probably first) but I just went with McNight because I liked his name more. Ivan Morozov was the obvious third and actually went first overall. Another great player who was, in my view, a future elite forward and a good pick. I had to choose now between who I think would be the better player and who had a more important position. I put Dragon McDragon, @JardyB10's player here because he is so far ahead in TPE. Even if I think I need forwards more then defenseman you shouldn't pass up on someone who is as consistent in making good players as Jardy has been. Even his fighter got to 500 TPE, so I should be good to go here with the pick I did make. Lavar Ball was a player I had looked in to quite a bit and thought of taking. It would have been a gamble for sure but he seems a solid member even if he doesn't update as much as Jardy. In the end, I knew Quebec got a good player here.

970dfa8a77ef687ced14e31382f6e462--la-los

The second pick I had was sixth and with it I chose Elias Sobeck. His player is solid, a forward and it's a memeber who has made great players before. Time will tell if he develops the same way @Boragina's other players did, but we will be happy with a active forward for the future. A lot of people had me taking Adam Warlock here but I felt it was a risky move. The user for this player has said many time they are not sure of their future plans in the league, as such I had to have a bit of caution. It's also another defenseman and was a pick that only made sense had I got a forward at four. I already have Co Caine who is a pretty good player from the last draft. I also have Diego Jokinen and didn't feel the need to add another defenseman after getting Jardy. Next I had Rsyzard Macht in what is turning out to be a defenseman heavy draft. Macht is a solid user but his commitment to the player has not been as solid as usual. However he is still worth taking because I know he will have a solid floor as a player. He went to Helsinki in the draft and they should have another solid piece there. Elias Karlson has had a weird developement curve but would have been an interesting pick. He went to a team ready to compete right away in New York so he can develop slower then he would have to normally. Could be a trade chip in the future here. Next was a welfare goalie not really a future starter but maybe a good backup or transitional starter. Vlad Koradeck is a fine player from a fine user but I really don't need a goalie. Maybe could have taken him as a trade option. He wound up in New York as well. My next two draft picks were autoed so I don't have much to say on them. Hopefully one comes back but we will have to see.

This is 1,067 words which is good for this week and the next :)

• 1 month later...

Review:

I didn't think the off-season was boring at all either. Although, I think as GMs, it's a lot more interesting to us because we have all the stuff that goes on behind the scenes, and all the negotiations and don't come to fruition in which people don't see. THat draft was hard to predict as well, but it will be interesting to see what happens to the players.