Jot Notes

Quik

Meh, like I've said a bunch of times, nobody really cares about these articles. It's kind of dumb that doing 1/3rd of the work you do in an MS leads to 1/6th of the TPE, especially when half of them are about such random shit. But I digress, I've decided that mine will now be a form of jot notes, where I just post random shit that's going on in the league that could also be used as the springboard for MS articles by myself or anyone who wants to use them. Fuck, I'm already at 100 words now, so here's a few for this week:

• @JardyB10 signed a new deal with Calgary
  • @Gooningitup feels disrespected by not getting votes, I get it, he was solid
  • I think Johnsson will win most-improved, hard not to improve on 28 points...
  • Contraction is finally here - Fucking YES
  • I feel like there's nowhere near the amount of TPE whores there used to be. Maybe that's my memory being funny, but I haven't seen many players over 5-600 TPE
  • Now I'm at 180 words, ending here with 185

5 minutes ago, Bushito said:

TPE does seem to be down quite a bit.

Yeah, I'm going into my second season and could/should probably have >400 TPE if I didn't go MIA for a few weeks pre-draft and if I had taken a job before reviewing was opened up. Maybe it's because of P2 and it'll change going forward, but it's weird to me that there's not many high TPE vets...I know that a lot of the GMs ended their players' careers early to make new GM players, which I feel also plays in. I mean, Abbot would probably have about 700+ TPE by now if you still had him going and I think he was a S54?

3 minutes ago, Quik said:

Yeah, I'm going into my second season and could/should probably have >400 TPE if I didn't go MIA for a few weeks pre-draft and if I had taken a job before reviewing was opened up. Maybe it's because of P2 and it'll change going forward, but it's weird to me that there's not many high TPE vets...I know that a lot of the GMs ended their players' careers early to make new GM players, which I feel also plays in. I mean, Abbot would probably have about 700+ TPE by now if you still had him going and I think he was a S54?

Abbott would be 8-900 by now which would have him 2nd in TPE league wide, Rhett Degrath is highest right now with 978, next closest is in the 700's. Canmore is at 300 without playing a game and Stopko 460ish going into season 2. I will take both of my players over 1,000 TPE

3 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Abbott would be 8-900 by now which would have him 2nd in TPE league wide, Rhett Degrath is highest right now with 978, next closest is in the 700's. Canmore is at 300 without playing a game and Stopko 460ish going into season 2. I will take both of my players over 1,000 TPE

Yeah, I'm not saying it's not worth it. Abbott at 900 vs. 2 TPE whore-players is definitely a fair swap. Was more so saying that GM players being retired for rebuilds is part of the why. I think there's a few who have retired early in order to recreate younger players more aligned with their team's timeline.

Also, King is at like 850, but your point still stands, there's only a small handful of players above 700 TPE, where I feel like there used to be a lot more back in the day. Then again, I might be off my rocker, since 700 was always looked at as kind of the benchmark to have a superstar player, and I don't think anyone hit 1000 before S19 or S20, at which point I was pretty much out of the league anyway lol. I think there used to be a lot more 550-600 TPE guys though, which is not so much the case anymore.