Can Seattle Get to Third?

CowboyinAmerica

Image result for seattle post intelligencer

Seattle (AP) -- Last season, the goal for the Bears was simple during the regular season: Finish at least third, and avoid the play-in round of the playoffs. They accomplished that goal, and getting into the 2-3 series spurred them eventually to the finals. This season, the team had loftier goals: Finish at the top of the league as the number one overall seed.

Obviously, the season has not gone their way. With 44 games down, the Bears sit in fourth in the standings, only 1 point above the defending champion Reign, and 6 points behind the Helsinki Titans for third. The Legion and Americans sit 12 and 11 points ahead, respectively.

With one-third of the season left, though, there's still time for Seattle to avoid that tough 4-5 play-in series. And a quick look at the schedule reveals a tough road, but one where the Bears hold their fate in their own hands. Down the stretch, Seattle plays New York 5 times and Helsinki 4 times, and it's not a stretch to say that the results of those games will likely decide the season.

"We haven't given up yet; there's a lot of hockey to play," winger Gabriel McAllister recently told reporters. "And I feel good about saying this team will continue its current winning streak and be able to put it all together by the time we hit the playoffs. It's Bears time."

1 minute ago, Gooningitup said:

Wouldnt mind a seattle new york final but i dunno if thats possible based on where we currently both sit. 

Fuck that.

New York/Seattle finals never work out for me.. I think I'm 0-2... haha