What's in a name

Daniel

My real attempt at making my first legitimate VHL player since Dmitri Dadonov started today and I decided to create another goalie because I actually really enjoyed it last time, this one being called Arvid Aamo. I wanted to go with something unique with this player, and that started with giving him a nationality I've never used in a league before and as Norway seems like a pretty fucking cool place I decided to go with that as his homeland. Then I needed to come up with a name; the names of my last few failed attempts at making a player in this league were all shitty rush jobs I'd thought up in the space of a few minutes so I decided to actually do some research into Norwegian names and find something that sounded cool. I wanted there to be alliteration with the two names of the player and I thought the second name Aamo sounded really cool, and thus Arvid Aamo came into existence, for what I hope will be a very long time. Returning to goaltender again should be fun as I actually managed to make a somewhat okay attempt at it last time, I'm honestly looking forward to getting somewhere again with Aamo and achieving some good things I hope.

3 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

@Daniel The league will need goalies soon all the all star goalies are retiring you could really be in demand if you stick to this character 

That's actually a big relief I was pretty unaware what the situation would be like going in lol, good to hear that there should be some opportunities to do well 

Just now, Daniel said:

That's actually a big relief I was pretty unaware what the situation would be like going in lol, good to hear that there should be some opportunities to do well 

For example my team (Quebec) doesn’t even have a player goalie and I know of three goalies that will retire in the next three seasons. There will be lots of work for a up coming goalie.

• Commissioner
11 hours ago, Beaviss said:

For example my team (Quebec) doesn’t even have a player goalie and I know of three goalies that will retire in the next three seasons. There will be lots of work for a up coming goalie.

I feel like I was going to make a goalie because of this and then completely forgot when I went to re-create. Oh well.