Pod Cast Press Conference (PCPC)

Victor

1. What's the most obscure trivia question that you believe you've ever asked?

2. Going off that, what's the most obscure VHL-related spreadsheet you've got access to?

3. What's the best draft pick you've ever made?

4. ...and what's the worst draft pick you've ever made?

5. I've noticed that you never upgraded Pavlov's face-off rating--were you planning to switch his position all along, or simply keeping the possibility open?

6. Cast, while right up there in terms of points, has a fairly extreme lack of defensive numbers. Is this a concern, or is it something you're fine with?

• Admin
On 8/12/2019 at 12:09 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. What's the most obscure trivia question that you believe you've ever asked?

2. Going off that, what's the most obscure VHL-related spreadsheet you've got access to?

3. What's the best draft pick you've ever made?

4. ...and what's the worst draft pick you've ever made?

5. I've noticed that you never upgraded Pavlov's face-off rating--were you planning to switch his position all along, or simply keeping the possibility open?

6. Cast, while right up there in terms of points, has a fairly extreme lack of defensive numbers. Is this a concern, or is it something you're fine with?

1. Oof, tough one. I like to keep them at a reasonably similar level and the point is it must be possible to find them on the site/portal, so they're all inherently not TOO obscure. That said, my favourite one to devise was the one about the S43 Bears a couple seasons back, where there were many odd things about that team but the unique one was that they won the cup as the 3rd seed in the conference but that was quite a logical puzzle.

2. This is an even better question haha. There's one called 'HOF players per cup champion' which also includes own draft picks per cup champion (i.e. how many homegrown players) which has been sat there for over a year now waiting to be turned into a Media Spot. There's only called 'Hall of Famers by team', i.e. which team had the most HOFers make an appearance for them, which I have no idea if I'll ever use. And I just found one about retired numbers which I think I should revisit soon. And I just got down to the start of 2019 in my drive so there's probably more weird shit lower down.

3. I was actually a really bad drafter back in S15-S16 with New York so I defended against that by basically trading for the entirety of the S36-S39 Davos team (the only draft pick there was a 1st overall goalie in Lennox Moher, pretty easy pick). So it's probably going to turn out to be someone from this Moscow stint. I am really pleased with Jet Jaguar so far to be honest at 10th overall.

Honourable mention though to my very first pick, Patrick Bergqvist second overall in S15. Was BPA but also an unknown first-gen who turned out to be a good friend and valued VHL member, Leeroy Jenkins being his next player.

4. Oh, loads of options. The single worst one was probably Jordan Berglund 1st overall in S17, after deciding for days if I should go for him or Markus Strauss. One ended up in the HOF and it wasn't Berglund. But basically every pick I made in S17, the very next selection was the better player. It was a horrendous draft, I ended up resigning about a week later, not because of that, but kinda glad I did haha.

5. I knew it was very likely I'd need more defencemen so yeah, I was keeping the possibility open. If I was gonna stick at center, I was just going to throw a lot of VHLM banked TPE into faceoffs last off-season, but after getting Cast with Jaguar and Gebauer already on board I really didn't need a center.

6. Not a concern at all, he's here to get points on the board and throughout his career no one's been better at it.

1. Are you glad Randoms has kind of fell off? This gives Cast a chance for MVP.

2. do you think you could avoid losing a non-cap-dump player in expansion draft?

3. are you sure Randoms won't be some mid in playoffs?

4. who are you considering a favorite in playoffs?

5. how excited are you to cut all these cap dump players in next offseason?

6. do you want to see Malmo getting stronger for this rivalry becoming more relevant?

• Admin
On 8/19/2019 at 8:49 AM, hedgehog337 said:

1. Are you glad Randoms has kind of fell off? This gives Cast a chance for MVP.

2. do you think you could avoid losing a non-cap-dump player in expansion draft?

3. are you sure Randoms won't be some mid in playoffs?

4. who are you considering a favorite in playoffs?

5. how excited are you to cut all these cap dump players in next offseason?

6. do you want to see Malmo getting stronger for this rivalry becoming more relevant?

1. I quite liked when we had two lines very close to each other in points halfway through the season but yeah not gonna lie it’s a boost. Personally think Cast for MVP should be a no brainer but might be wrong.

2. Unlikely. Maybe if I didn’t protect Cast I’d have a chance but that’s not a risk I’m willing to take.

3. Nah I think he has a point to prove to Riga. :P

4. Definitely Toronto if they avoid facing Calgary and Moscow. Also Helsinki naturally, best roster on paper, barely changed since last year, maybe even better with Wilinsky.

5. This offseason won’t be the massive cull, but still a few bodies will be dropped which is always good fun.

6. It would be nice to face the Nighthawks in the playoffs at some point. But equally I’d love it if they were always a step behind us.