Aamo Press Conference

Daniel

1.) Which team do you want to play for this coming season?

2.) What do you believe is the most important factor that a good goalie needs to have?

3.) If you were forced to eat just one kind of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

On 02/04/2018 at 11:11 PM, omgitshim said:

1.) Which team do you want to play for this coming season?

My agent is a former Yukon Rush GM and has been very encouraging that I should consider them as a potential destination, but I'm open to playing to any team in the VHLM that needs my services!

2.) What do you believe is the most important factor that a good goalie needs to have?

I think a goalie needs to be balanced across everything, and that's the most important factor for them. The most important thing is to be balanced and in control of what you're doing between the pipes.

3.) If you were forced to eat just one kind of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Tough question, I'm pretty varied when it comes to food and have to keep the options open. However, I eat a lot of pasta so if there was something I had to eat every day that would probably be it, but I'd miss pizza pretty bad.

1. Quebec finished dead last this past season, and are now in a rebuilding phase could you see yourself signing with the club or a team that's already established?

2. As a goalie, is your style of play more positional like Martin Brodeur or do you emulate Dominik Hasek's athletic style?

3. What do you consider a better indicator of a goalie's puck stopping ability.. GA avg or save %?

4. Do you consider yourself a butterfly, stand up or a hybrid mix of the two?

5. At this point in time what do you consider your greatest assets skill wise, and what would be the weakest parts of your game?

On 05/04/2018 at 5:00 PM, Spade18 said:

Which goalie do you model your game after?

I look at some of the great VHL goaltenders as inspiration, the likes of Tuomas Tukio in particular are the players I aspire to be. They are the VHL's most elite however so the chances I could become that good may be slim, but I'd be losing already if I didn't set my sights high.

On 05/04/2018 at 5:00 PM, Spade18 said:

Any spots you're hoping to land in the VHL?

At this point, not really. Dadonov was my GM player in Helsinki and got drafted to Quebec so going to one of them to try and remind myself of those glory days could be fun, but I'm open to joining whichever team has the need for me to be there. 

On 08/04/2018 at 2:03 PM, Exlaxchronicles said:

1. Quebec finished dead last this past season, and are now in a rebuilding phase could you see yourself signing with the club or a team that's already established?

I touched on this in the last question but sure I'd be happy to go to a team that's maybe not in the best form right now. I'd like to go to a team that has a want for me to be there so whatever kind of position they're in doesn't come into it too much for me at this point.

On 4/8/2018 at 2:03 PM, Exlaxchronicles said:

2. As a goalie, is your style of play more positional like Martin Brodeur or do you emulate Dominik Hasek's athletic style?

I think Martin Brodeur would be a closer comparison. But I also think they're both in a totally different league to me at present, I hope I can make some progress towards being that kind of competitor.

3. What do you consider a better indicator of a goalie's puck stopping ability.. GA avg or save %?

For me, it's all about SV%. I think the defense in front of you and the number of shots they allow has a big weighting on a goalie's GAA, so I personally would always go with save percentage to give the best indicator of how a goalie is performing.

4. Do you consider yourself a butterfly, stand up or a hybrid mix of the two?

I'm definitely a hybrid type goaltender, I can get down into the butterfly and make saves standing up. I think this style of play allows me to be as versatile as possible and make the kind of saves that are required.

5. At this point in time what do you consider your greatest assets skill wise, and what would be the weakest parts of your game?

I think my shot stopping instincts are strong, I can read shooters well and have a good idea of where they're going to try and score on me. I think at this point I need to work on using my size more effectively and being more fluid and agile within the crease in order to get in front of some of the trickier shots. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2018 at 3:54 AM, Banackock said:

Feeling shaky or is activity a good feeling?

It's a good feeling to be back and properly active. I'm hitting all the possible TPE weekly which is nice, and hope it goes to show people I'm serious about this player. The failed ones I made post Dadonov will most likely put a shadow over me I can't really get out of, but with them I knew myself they were never going to go anywhere, whereas I feel like I can take Aamo to some big heights.

Who do you want to be drafted by?

Honestly, I'm happy to be drafted by anyone. The landscape of the VHL has changed a lot in my time away in terms of who's where and what teams are good, so really I'd just like to end up in a destination where I'm wanted and there's gonna be

a chance for me to play.

Expectations for your career? 

I would love to make HoF. It's a bold statement but I think Dadonov would have gone there if he'd been on better teams and I'd kept earning TPE at the rate I had, he really played an incredible game during his first few seasons. To try and get Aamo there would be a fun experience.

Do you think you can stay active for all 8 seasons? You're an SHL guy so you probably should do 2 PT's in a week to make good players in both places.

Some secret info - Arvid Aamo is in the Reign's GM shortlist. Dadonov's last team was actually Riga. Could this be a destiny for Aamo to be the Reign's franchise goalie?

Your comments on Oslo GM change?

Do you like the VHLM?

Do this league needs some changes?

• 3 weeks later...

1. Hows your season been going this far?

2. Are you happy with how you've been playing?

3. Hows the VHL feeling for you? Struggling with activity? Loving it etc?

4. Where do you think you'll be drafted? Seattle? Davos? Riga? Toronto etc?

5. What overall do you think you'll be drafted? Chances of falling to second round? high? Low?

@Daniel someone needs to show u love. I got you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 11:18 PM, Banackock said:

1. Hows your season been going this far?

2. Are you happy with how you've been playing?

3. Hows the VHL feeling for you? Struggling with activity? Loving it etc?

4. Where do you think you'll be drafted? Seattle? Davos? Riga? Toronto etc?

5. What overall do you think you'll be drafted? Chances of falling to second round? high? Low?

@Daniel someone needs to show u love. I got you!

ALSO:

1. Prior to a game, what does your player like to chow down on (eat)? 

2. Does he have any superstitions? If not, make one up?