Media suggestions for our newer members

Gooningitup

When joining this league it can be frustrating to navigate. As someone who did not speak much english at the time it was really challenging. Sometimes its just coming up with ideas to write about.

Here are some ideas to think about when you want to write your next piece.

Players background, did he come from another league like the SHL(swedish not the other sim league), NHL, AHL, KHL etc did he grow up playing the sport? Or did he just pick it up. Maybe other hobbies or players he tried to emulate.

Interview, pretty standard ask yourself a few questions like, goals, favourite tean player etc.

Draft preview talk about your player what his strengths/weaknesses are. Can even do a mini mock draft adding a few players to talk about.

Ideal landing spot is there a VHLM team you would rather play for? Doesnt have to be ya wont play here attacking cities but maybe from perspective of your player maybe its the idea of playing close to home or for a title. 

Talk about your players goals are we talking HOF? First line? Second pairing, etc.

Season preview when the teams appear to be set, try to figure out who fits where 

Award show, predict who you think will take home what this year or next year?

These are just a few ideas i hope you newbloods find helpful. Saskatoon GM is always open to a PM on my team or not.

When I first came here, before I got into the swing of things of actually knowing what's going on around the league......

the PTs I did the most were just interviews that I did by myself, asking questions to my player. Then also overviews of my player's stats so far. It got me by for quite awhile. :P

Also reviewing. Everyone is allowed to review. :)

• Commissioner
12 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

When I first came here, before I got into the swing of things of actually knowing what's going on around the league......

the PTs I did the most were just interviews that I did by myself, asking questions to my player. Then also overviews of my player's stats so far. It got me by for quite awhile. :P

Also reviewing. Everyone is allowed to review. :)

I was asked this morning what tasks were available, fear not, I brought up reviewing. With a regular PT, a VHL.com article, a press conference, and reviewing people can hit the weekly cap even without a job. It’s all about opening up the possibilities. Hopefully we can get a “reviewing team” more or less going again with these new guys.