Rauno Palo - Press Conference

They say Swedish girls are more attractive than Finnish ones, how do you feel about this?

What's the funniest in-game story you can remember from your junior career?

What is the best hazing prank you've ever seen?

1. Going off your retirement thread, it looked like you were going to be taking a longer break from the league than you did, what would you say was the main reason behind your quick return?

2. It seems like Palo is going away from a traditional build for a center given that you've yet to add points to passing and scoring, will you be continuing to leave your passing and scoring where it is for the forseeable future or will you be adding  to it shortly?

3. Given that you've had two very successful players now in Ruutu and Jokinen, do you feel like you have a realistic chance at going first overall in the Season 62 Draft? 

Who is your hockey idol? Does he look like Olli Jokinen?

How much do you hate Alvaro Jokinen?

Rank your top4 VHL teams, the list should look something like this 1. Davos 2. Davos 3. Davos 4. Davos.

What kind of music does Rauno Palo listen?

Is Rauno related to Tauno Palo in any way?

On 6/5/2018 at 5:31 PM, Quik said:

They say Swedish girls are more attractive than Finnish ones, how do you feel about this?

What's the funniest in-game story you can remember from your junior career?

What is the best hazing prank you've ever seen?

1. I´m not too worried to be honest, Swedish girls might be more prettier on average, but there is some really nice looking Finnish girls and they don´t speak in Swedish, so that takes the win in my books.

2. When I was around 14 yo, my junior team was losing a game against the local rival team, our coach got so mad at the refs that he took his pants off and threw them to the ice. It was all over the newspapers and minor scandal, he was wearing ladies underwear and I guess he forgot that when he took his pants off.

3. Classic ´rub the cake to face´ - prank. What made it memorable was the fact that we did not have enough money for a real cake, so we picked up something from the dog park and put it on a plate, most laughed - I did not, pine cones did minor damage on the poor guys face.

On 6/5/2018 at 5:35 PM, Tagger said:

1. Going off your retirement thread, it looked like you were going to be taking a longer break from the league than you did, what would you say was the main reason behind your quick return?

2. It seems like Palo is going away from a traditional build for a center given that you've yet to add points to passing and scoring, will you be continuing to leave your passing and scoring where it is for the forseeable future or will you be adding  to it shortly?

3. Given that you've had two very successful players now in Ruutu and Jokinen, do you feel like you have a realistic chance at going first overall in the Season 62 Draft? 

1. That is true, the VHL experience for me was not a positive one when the final retirement decision was made - I was looking at least 5 season break instead of just barely 1, but things changed, I kinda missed this place a little. Realization and accepting that I can use welfare as well helped, going to move into the welfarian army part time - writing article here in VHL, then use it on SBA as welfare, then on the next week write article in SBA and use it on welfare here.

2. I will, that is also one thing why I wanted to come back ´early´, had this interesting idea for build - (for me at least ?) in my mind and the ideal place to try it is VHL, going to give it a proper go and focus on everything else expect passing and scoring. Hoping Palo is bit like the Anisimov for Kane and Panarin of the VHL

3. More than likely not, my glorious idea for build might not be helping either, but going to of course try to collect as much TPE as possible and see how it goes. If I get picked first overall, great - never been picked first in any sim league ever, so would be a first, but getting drafted into a nice team is all I´m looking forward to.

1. Are you happy to be back on the VHL? What made you come back?

2. Is there a story behind your players name - or just a name you thought of?

3. Feelings on being taken by the Oslo Storm in the VHLM Dispersal draft?

4. Who are you happy to play with on the Storm this year?

5. Where do you think you go in the VHL draft next season?

@jRuutu

On 6/9/2018 at 12:13 PM, Ahma said:

Who is your hockey idol? Does he look like Olli Jokinen?

How much do you hate Alvaro Jokinen?

Rank your top4 VHL teams, the list should look something like this 1. Davos 2. Davos 3. Davos 4. Davos.

What kind of music does Rauno Palo listen?

Is Rauno related to Tauno Palo in any way?

1. Olli Jokinen is perhaps the biggest inspiration for me , he has the looks and talent of a man who can do whatever in this world and be succesful, luckily for me and for all fans of hockey, he indeed chose hockey.

2. On a scale of 1 to 10, I´d say solid 4 out of 10, I don´t really hate him, but if he has his back turned towards the ice, I´m not going to stop if I´m committed to throw the hit. Alvaro is getting drilled into the boards.

3.   Quebec and New York are the small top-2, since I have played there the most with my two players, then comes Seattle, Toronto, Davos and the others really. All teams are basically even still, don´t have any teams that I dislike.

4. Humppa music - Eläkeläiset is my favorite band to listen to.

5. Not that I know of, could be a distant relative? But I have been told that if I would look bit more like Tauno Palo - I would look bit more like Tauno Palo.

On 6/19/2018 at 3:47 AM, Banackock said:

1. Are you happy to be back on the VHL? What made you come back?

2. Is there a story behind your players name - or just a name you thought of?

3. Feelings on being taken by the Oslo Storm in the VHLM Dispersal draft?

4. Who are you happy to play with on the Storm this year?

5. Where do you think you go in the VHL draft next season?

@jRuutu

1. Been liking it so far! Fun to start a new player and see him grow. The idea of this current build is fairly big reason why I came back so ´early´ - want to see how it works, but also the changes to overall atmosphere in the league felt more positive than around the time I went for the small break.

2. Tauno Palo is/was a famous singer/actor here in Finland,  for some reason his name came into my mind around the time I was thinking a name for the player. Last name is a good one - means ´Fire´ in Finnish. First name is just slightly different to Tauno, but yea - not really any story behind the name, sounded good and went with it.

3. Postive feelings, excited to see how we play as a team! Never played in Oslo before, so that only makes the whole experience better!

4. Currently playing with Smirnov and Mendes on the same line, both have the scoring ability, so for a center like myself who is more of a playmaking center - that is the ideal place to play, only job is to get the puck to the shooters and make sure I shovel the rebounds in. I´d say we will be even more dangerous towards the end of the season once we figure each other out bit more.

5. I have no idea to be honest, hopefully I get picked by a team that needs my glorious players and wants to be part of my personal build experiment. Happy to play in whatever team picks me though!

Edited by jRuutu

1. What can you tell us about your new player that we may not know?

2. Why would we be good teammates?

3. What is your pre-game ritual like?

4. Can you describe your ideal linemates?

5. What kind of system fits Palo best?

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2018 at 2:01 AM, Dangles13 said:

1. What can you tell us about your new player that we may not know?

2. Why would we be good teammates?

3. What is your pre-game ritual like?

4. Can you describe your ideal linemates?

5. What kind of system fits Palo best?

Sorry for late reply, forgot I had a press conference thread, been just asking questions lately :o

1. I used to be pretty serious about playing volleyball, but then I chose hockey because I did not like all the touching after each point.

2. I would pass the puck to you a lot and I´m pretty good defensively, so you could play bit more aggressively on the offensive end!

3. Simple, eat well and take a little nap, then sit on the throne for a bit and head to the arena to get ready.

4. Someone who likes to shoot and then maybe someone who is more of a playmaker on the other wing, I think that would be ideal balance, me as the defensive center next to a scorer and a playmaker.

5. System that promotes activity and at the same time is strong on the defensive end. Teamplay, legs moving and defense.