Ability to Retire and Recreate

Banackock

I've never understood why it was pushed so far off that you can't retire until way, way into the off-season in order to keep your player and shit? Is it to hold off on gaining that extra little bits of TPE? Maybe something to do with carry over? The players, once off-season, won't be thrown into the draft. Trade deadline is the cut-off for that cute shit, right? I'm excited and can't control the enthusiasm on creating two new players.. it's already the off-season, been the off-season for a while, and I still have to wait until next Thursday. Let me write some shit and get it going. 

I was always going to wait until after the draft because 1 of the 2 players at least will be coming to Seattle as a GM player. Thus, I need to sorta know what I draft so that I can create based off team needs.  However, not every player is like this obviously.

If it's not such a huge deal, why not move the date a little bit back and put it after the draft? This livens things up a little bit. Right after the draft, excitement is high and eyes are on, throw the ability for people to recreate right after the draft and still hold their players in the draft. Literally the same thing but as of now, 4 to 5 days earlier. I want to get all my ducks in a row, cure my excitement on making this new player or two and get the ball rolling. 

Thoughts?? 

• Commissioner

It was designed around the pre-season. Not really sure if the logic itself for waiting that extra week but that’s why it’s at the end of the off-season because it’s supposed to happen right before the season starts. We have just been ignoring the actual pre-season sim lately.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

It was designed around the pre-season. Not really sure if the logic itself for waiting that extra week but that’s why it’s at the end of the off-season because it’s supposed to happen right before the season starts. We have just been ignoring the actual pre-season sim lately.

Hmm, fair enough. Would there be any harm in maybe backing it up a little bit? Say the day after the draft or something? That way we get the excitement from the draft one day and then boom, recreates the next. Constant flow of activity and shit to watch and be excited for, hehe. 

• Senior Admin

It's also intended to force you to claim all your off-season TPE (such as prediction points) on your current player, since he's playing the next season, and not your re-create. 

• Commissioner
21 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Constant flow of activity and shit to watch and be excited for, hehe. 

Constant until the day after the draft and then nothing major between the draft and the start of the season 3-4 days later. Spacing things out actually keeps the flow better than lumping everything together.

Some seasons it also it basically right after. Just depends when the draft falls.

5 minutes ago, Will said:

It's also intended to force you to claim all your off-season TPE (such as prediction points) on your current player, since he's playing the next season, and not your re-create. 

Well thats a given rule though. Clearly you can't claim TPE on a new player which was earned prior to his creation. 

#LetMeRecreateTonight

• Admin
52 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Well thats a given rule though. Clearly you can't claim TPE on a new player which was earned prior to his creation. 

#LetMeRecreateTonight

Not necessarily - trade deadline recreates pick up off-season TPE from before they were created basically.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Victor said:

Not necessarily - trade deadline recreates pick up off-season TPE from before they were created basically.

This. Difference is they don't play the following season so they get the added benefits that the pre-season guys don't have.

Basically we want to further distinguish that if you get to keep your player around longer you have to lose a few of the perks that trade deadline guys get on account of them not having an extra season.