Nguyen Reacts to Draft Rankings [1/2]

Dtayl

Saskatoon - Draft rankings have come out for the S62 draft and the first player from the local team, the Saskatoon Wild, was Dylan Nguyen. He was followed closely behind by teammate Ryuu Crimson. Nguyen was ranked at number 17 in the draft rankings, well out of the top 10 and a decent bit out of the top 15 it seems the prospects out of saskatoon will have some work to do if they want to be considered solid prospects before the S62 draft kicks off. Nguyen was at a disadvantage before he even stepped onto the ice as he didn’t join the Saskatoon wild until the regular season had already kicked off. Meaning he has had less time to develop and showcase his skill than some of the other prospects on the list. Adding to that he is also very young at 18 years old, and he has not gone through anything like this before and you can see why Nguyen finds himself squarely outside the top 15 prospects. This ranking, however, has seemed to spark something in Dylan Nguyen as he is working harder than ever to prove to scouts and GM’s alike that he is a prospect worthy of drafting.

When asked for a comment on his ranking he said: “Look it was the first ranking, were only halfway or so through the season. I mean yeah it sucks being rated so low but there isn't much that I can do about that now, but a lot can change from this point up to the draft. I’m just doing whatever I can to improve, grinding as hard as I can for next ranking. I have no doubt in my mind that by the end of the season I will be a prospect that every single GM will want. The purpose of the VHLM is to develop, and that’s what i’m doing,  eventually people will notice how much i’ve added to my game and how far i’ve come and they will realize that one more season in the VHLM and i’m going to be an absolute monster. Trust me, when my time comes I will be ready and no draft rankings will change that. It’s my goal to be the greatest of all time and nothing is going to stop me.”

Clearly Dylan Nguyen has let the rankings affect him but it seems to be in a positive way. He is using his status as an unknown to motivate him and push him to be better. While his name may be left off the top prospect rankings and articles for now it sure seems that one way or another this kid is going to become a great player in the VHL. GM’s should take notice of this kid, he has a hunger, he has something to prove and that is a quality that doesn’t show up on the stat sheet. Wherever he ends up being ranked by the time the draft comes around, you have to give the kid props for working hard, that is just something you can’t teach.

Word Count: 511; Week Claimed 7/9/18-7/15/18

1 hour ago, Spade18 said:

Dont mind @Beaviss, he's just upset about his double busts at the moment.

By busts you mean the statues being erected as we speak? Look at the league lead in scoring.

:kermitsip:

• 1 month later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Nguyen Reacts to Draft Rankings [1/2]