Looking Ahead For The Wild [1/2]

Dtayl

Saskatoon - Morning rises in Saskatoon, and like any other day members of the local VHLM team, the Saskatoon Wild, head off to practice or morning skate. The team has had struggles this season, they currently have the worst record in the VHLM and there is almost no chance they will make any sort of playoff run, barring a miracle sent down from the heavens by the Hockey Gods themselves, the Wild will be eating Cheetos on their couches while another VHLM team hoists the VHLM championship. This season has been a bitter disappointment not only to us here at the Saskatoon Tribune but also the fans. Even the players have expressed some sort of disappointment about the season and the inevitable outcome they face.

Dylan Nguyen offered some somber but encouraging words “Yeah this season has been a big disappointment, I mean we kinda knew that we wouldn't be competing for a championship this season with our team being so young and lacking chemistry, but you always have hope that somehow, some way you will beat the odds and expectations and win it all. I guess that’s what they call being young and dumb because reality slapped me in the face hard. It just kinda hit me that you can work hard and do everything in your power to become better but it won’t always change the situation and that is how it was this season. We really sucked this season. But it’s not all in vein I think, because we have a good young core who has taken this season, which is pretty much a wash, to develop and get prepared for next year. You best believe that were coming for the crown next season!”

Yes, while this season will surely end with no glorious victory or even a gracious defeat, the Saskatoon Wild seem to be in decent shape for a run next season. Dylan Nguyen and Ryuu Crimson have made it known that they are hard working individuals who are striving to become winners. With those two as building blocks, developing and becoming better every week the Saskatoon Wild have a chance to be special next season. Add in that the Wild have a quality GM who is a proven winner and is currently grooming a successor to carry on his legacy of victory and the future of this Wild team is certainly more bright than its current situation.

This season ruled by the Yukon Rush will soon come to an end, most likely with them on top hoisting the cup in glory. Next season brings a new challenge and new hope to become the rulers of the VHLM . Lynx, Storm, Aces, Rush, Wild they're all just spokes on a wheel. This one's on top, then that one's on top and on and on it spins crushing those on the ground. This year Saskatoon has been crushed on the ground by those on the top. Next year the Wild are in a good position to be doing the crushing.

Word Count: 502; Claiming for Week: 7/23/18 - 7/29/18

Edited by Dtayl

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:18 PM, Gooningitup said:

Sadly wont be likely we can keep you both around next year in Saskatoon can draft 1 first overall #fighttothedeath. Unless GMs are nice and let one of you fall to 2nd round 

I have 3 and 5. I'm nice the rest of the year, but at the draft I will cut people.

EDIT: 3 and 4. Yukon somehow lost

Edited by diamond_ace