Toast Player Agency Press Conference

Toast

Thank you everyone for attending. 

We are proud to announce the Toast Player Agency has returned with a new client, defenseman Burnt Toast.

We will be happy to answer any questions the media has in relation to the return of the Toast Player Agency or our new client. 

Edited by Toast

@Toast

1. Do you like butter on your burnt toast? Or do you prefer it dry?
  2. Have any of your teammates ever questioned whether they were having a stroke, only to realize you were next to them?
  3. Do you think you can be a clutch player, or will you crumble under the pressure?

1. What is the aim with Burnt Toast in terms of activity/player build?

2. Have you ever thought of trying different breakfast items on for try? Or maybe just changing your name to Walter Jr?

3. What motivated you to come back? 

4. You can only pick one team to spend Burnt Toast entire career with, who do you choose/why?

5. Did Seth really know? 

1. What is your biggest strength on the ice?

2. Is there any type of defender that you just hate to play with on the same pairing?

3. Forwards who tap their stick on the ice to try and get you pass the puck to them - yay or nay?

4. Top corner slapshot or shoot lower and hope a deflection or rebound comes out of it?

5. Could you ever see yourself being one of the players shooting in the shootout?

1. why did you disappear? Sorry, curiosity didn't kill this cat.

2. Excited for a new player?

3. goals for this new player?

4. Where would you like to land via VHL entry draft?

5. I heard rumours that you may be joining a management team, thoughts on this?

+1 Smirnov

@Toast

Thanks for the questions.

On 7/30/2018 at 2:16 PM, Quik said:

@Toast

1. Do you like butter on your burnt toast? Or do you prefer it dry?
  2. Have any of your teammates ever questioned whether they were having a stroke, only to realize you were next to them?
  3. Do you think you can be a clutch player, or will you crumble under the pressure?

1. Definitely need some butter on Burnt Toast. Dry is not an enjoyable time for anyone.

2. Not that we're aware of, but we appreciate the concern and will bring this up going forward to any general managers interested in drafting Toast.

3. There's no crumbling here. The aim is to become a player that a team can really rely on and nothing else.

On 7/30/2018 at 2:21 PM, Devise said:

1. What is the aim with Burnt Toast in terms of activity/player build?

2. Have you ever thought of trying different breakfast items on for try? Or maybe just changing your name to Walter Jr?

3. What motivated you to come back? 

4. You can only pick one team to spend Burnt Toast entire career with, who do you choose/why?

5. Did Seth really know? 

1. The aim is to excel. Our previous clients were reliable members of teams but never really the star that this player agency aimed for. Hopefully Toast will be a player that can really make a claim for that star player. In terms of player type, Toast will ideally be a solid defender putting apples on the board every game.

2. We're a toast-exclusive agency.

3. More free time and a lack of interest in wasting time watching Netflix. The VHL provides an escape from reality that I've been craving lately and I'm looking forward to where this return takes me.

4. The Seattle Bears! I've always been a Seattle manager with my previous players and I've recently joined the team in an adviser role, so I want Toast to become part of the core there.

5. No comment.

On 7/31/2018 at 8:06 AM, jRuutu said:

1. What is your biggest strength on the ice?

2. Is there any type of defender that you just hate to play with on the same pairing?

3. Forwards who tap their stick on the ice to try and get you pass the puck to them - yay or nay?

4. Top corner slapshot or shoot lower and hope a deflection or rebound comes out of it?

5. Could you ever see yourself being one of the players shooting in the shootout?

1. At the moment, there is lots of work for Toast to do, but as of now our borderline average defense is our strength. In the future the focus will be on puck handling and passing to compliment the defense.

2. Another offensive defender just won't work. We're going to need a player willing to do the dirty work, and to be honest, I want Toast to be a point scorer.

3. Yay. Any help to find an opening that I may miss is appreciated help.

4. Top cheddar but if the opportunity calls for a rebound, I'll do what will more likely get that puck in the net.

5. Probably not. While I do hope to help with goal scoring, let's leave that to the forwards.

On 8/3/2018 at 2:57 PM, Banackock said:

1. why did you disappear? Sorry, curiosity didn't kill this cat.

2. Excited for a new player?

3. goals for this new player?

4. Where would you like to land via VHL entry draft?

5. I heard rumours that you may be joining a management team, thoughts on this?

+1 Smirnov

@Toast

1. Burn out and anxiety. I had a lot on my plate in life with a new job and VHL stuff. Being a GM eats you alive and to be honest, I've always been stressed out that I never fit in here. There are the obvious friend groups and I always kind of felt that I never fit in with anyone. I had a few disagreements with people towards the end of my first run here that stressed me out and ultimately I decided just stepping away from it all would be good for me. I wasn't in the right frame of mind back then, but I believe that's an issue from the past and something I've overcome now.

2. Of course. I wouldn't be here right now if I didn't want to get a new player involved.

3. Hall of Fame.

4. Obviously with Seattle at this point, but if not that, the first overall pick.

5. I'm excited to join the front management of the Bears. Seattle has been a team I was involved with back with my first player and Smyl had a solid attempt at being a goalie there. Hopefully more players from this agency are to come. 

1. What made you finally decide to return? 

2. Looking back on it, what player did you have the most fun with in your previous VHL tenures?

3. Will you ever take up the GM reigns again, I know you were a VHLM one once upon a time. 

4. What is one of the VHL's newer things that you've discovered since returning that you enjoy?

5. You could resurrect and get one older member who has since gone inactive to return, who would it be and why?

6. If you could pick any one team for Larry Butz to spend his career on, what team would it be?