How is this a 5.5?

Yeah.

And honestly the graders are way to tough, as someone who has been posting gfx on here for 2 years now my sig with bad text, no lighting, bad stock work would get me a 5/6 when I joined and now I am still getting a 5/6 and am much better.

you have not been here for 2 years

I'll be honest I've been quite discouraged with how the graphic grading has been here. We're not making piece of art for the Louvre to be hung next to the Mona Lisa. I understand you want to promote a reason for people to get better but if you're artistic and creative you most likely hate your own work anyways and think its shit so you, yourself want to get better.

Speaking on behalf of people that use a program outside of the "almighty Photoshop" I feel I've been permanently discarded as second class artwork because I don't use Photoshop. Even though I use a program that makes sig making 100x times harder to do than Photoshop I still get the constant 4s and 5s and told my "effort is barely there" I feel for the program I do use that my work is exceptional. I've never made a sig and said of course that a 6/6 every time because it's not. I'm happy when I get a 5, but I've grown tired of getting treated like I'll never be able to get a 6/6 because I don't use Photoshop. I get it. Photoshop is the greatest, but sometimes people make do with what they have and know.

I don't have the time to sit down and learn Photoshop, I do have a life outside of this place so I stick to what I know and frankly I'm just discouraged and unmotivated to make more sigs because the comments are always the same and if I want to stick up for myself what do I get told? "Shut up and don't complain" 

Edited by Wastlund

Well I am by no means a great GFX guy but I can say that the criticism I received when I first started here in S25 has helped me to improve an incredible amount from the garbage I started with. I had the same initial reaction when I started here, and was even a little intimidated by some of the GFX I was seeing on the board, and thinking "shit, these guys are amazing and my stuff looks like shit...why bother?"...but you can take that feeling/criticism in two ways. You can stop and try doing something else(or give up completely like I did with 0 TPE superstar Uzi Thundakowski) or use it as motivation to improve your GFX abilities. I started trying different things, reading about how the different components and tools of PS worked and how to blend them together to get better/different results. It was difficult and took time but I honestly believe it was well worth it. If you are more comfortable getting your weekly TPE by another method, that's great, but don't let the feedback or a poor grade stop you from trying something entirely. Like I said, there's a bunch of better GFX guys then myself in this league, but without the reality checks and feedback from the graders when I started out, it's doubtful that Boomchenko or Tordahl would have ever been either half decent, or created at all.

#VHL4EVA

• 3 weeks later...