The "Olso" Problem

diamond_ace

It appears as though many people in this league don't have a basic understanding of European geography, because they don't know fairly well known capital cities. Oslo, the capital of Norway and the location of VHLM franchise the Oslo Storm, is spelled O-S-L-O. This fits with its pronunciation, Awes-Low. It seems as though people in this league want to put the Storm in Olso, which would be impossible because OLSO DOESN'T EXIST. Might as well put them in Narnia for that matter. Narnia Lions? Kashyyyk Wookiees? Middle-Earth Eagles?

Additionally, and a far more minor of a problem, Oslo is the only European city in the VHLM, which is weird in context of the history of the league where there have been half European teams and half North American teams. Even the VHL has gone away from half and half, with 5 NA and 3 EU, but that's close enough that it still contributes to the bicontinental feel of the league. In the VHLM, there's one European city and 5 NA cities, with an even weirder split of 4 from Canada and 1 from USA. I don't really care about the weird split, it's just that the "Olso" thing didn't get me enough words. I care more than I should about the other part, but I know it's just me, so let's not get too up in arms about me calling people out...