Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

On 9/16/2024 at 1:52 PM, Oddpurplefly said:

undefined-Imgur.thumb.png.8e9f0631d74c3e174149a45c4b7c5558.png

Halifax 21st

Press conference

(Answer 3 questions for 1TPE or 6 for 2TPE)

1. We made it to the playoffs but currently down in the series against Philly 3-1. What do you think about our chances at winning this series?

2. What does your player do to get ready for big games like in the playoffs?

3. We acquired a few waiver claims in the past few weeks. Which one do you feel has the biggest impact on our team and why?

4. As you may of heard, the VHLE is coming to an end after the playoffs. What are your thoughts on the league's decision?

5. If the VHLM was to expand, what defunct teams would you bring back or what new franchise would you like to see come to life?

6. Do you think the league should add an event like an All star game during the season similar to what the NHL does?

1. We end up losing the series 4-1. We knew going into the playoffs, that this was a tough series, but it certainly did not end up how we wanted it to.

2. Before every game I drink a beer. It helps me loosen up.

3. I think I had a decent string of games, but Ricky has had an instant impact on the team.

4. I think it is a shame. I had hoped to play some games for Cologne. 

5. I would love to get a German team into either the VHLM or VHL with us losing our only representation next season.

6. I do. It always makes for a fun extra goal to strive for.

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. Las Vegas Aces seemed like the cup favorite but Philadelphia Reapers have taken the lead in the finals. Do you think the Aces can come back in the series?

2. Do you follow any other leagues? If so what teams are you cheering for? ( VHL or VHLE )

3. If the team had final reunion for this season and you had to pick the place, where would you bring the team and why?

4. If you were the league commissioner, what changes would you like to bring to the league?

5. NHL training camp is done and preseason has officially started. What player has surprised you the most during training camp?

6. What NHL team do you feel improved the most during the off season?

1 hour ago, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. Las Vegas Aces seemed like the cup favorite but Philadelphia Reapers have taken the lead in the finals. Do you think the Aces can come back in the series?

2. Do you follow any other leagues? If so what teams are you cheering for? ( VHL or VHLE )

3. If the team had final reunion for this season and you had to pick the place, where would you bring the team and why?

4. If you were the league commissioner, what changes would you like to bring to the league?

5. NHL training camp is done and preseason has officially started. What player has surprised you the most during training camp?

1. Hopefully not! I want Philly to win so we can say we lost to the Cup Champs.

2. I was following the Malmo Nighthawks in the VHL since my previous player just retired from there. Played two seasons there.

3. I’d bring the team to the Halifax Harbour and we’d all get piss drunk on boats since of course we are Boat Gang.

4. Bring in more recruitment drives, I don’t care about numbers around the league, more is always better, we can always expand the league.

5. I never follow NHL training camp but I’m excited to see my boy Cole Perfetti playing for the Jets.

6. Not sure, been a watching NFL mostly, but let’s go Winnipeg!! 

On 9/23/2024 at 8:06 AM, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. They certainly could, but I would prefer that the Reapers win; it's always better to lose to the team that eventually wins it all.

2. No, not at the moment. I haven't been active since S75 so I'm still catching up on a lot of things.

3. Retroville, since it's my players hometown. I would take them to McSpanky's burger joint and have everyone try a purple flurp.

4. Bring back the Vasteras Iron Eagles, the most successful franchise in VHL history (don't look it up, its true).

5. To be honest I haven't really been following the NHL preseason yet, so I have no good answer for this.

6. Most likely the Nashville Predators. Adding Marchesseault and Stamkos is huge for them, I think they'll make a lot of noise this year.

On 9/23/2024 at 8:06 AM, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

Answers

1. I’m late to this 1 again😅 It was a great series though!

2. I was following the Malmo Nighthawks, even though I was suppose to be taking the season off😂  My most recent player retired there at the end of last season (Ash Sparks) and also had his jersey retired at the start of this 1. I couldn’t help but watch them and cheer them on! 

3. I think going to Sunnyvale would be hilarious so that’s my answer 😆 

4. This is a fantastic question and I’d love to go more in depth on this, but my short answer will be: I’d try to find a way so the VHL major teams have farm teams, instead of how the VHLE operated before it’s recent shutdown.

5. I’ve been watching the Toronto Maple Leafs and so far I’ve been a real fan of how a bunch of players have been performing! Hard to just point out 1 player but I will say that it’s going to be an exciting season as a leafs fan!

6. I’m biased and I will say Toronto, but I can tip my cap to many teams like Nashville who have done really good this offseason as well.

On 9/23/2024 at 7:06 AM, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. I genuinely thought the finals would be a closer series, but the Reapers were just too good!  Crazy that despite getting swept in the finals, Vegas still had the fewest goals against of all playoff teams!  Super strong defensively and in goal, but not much for scoring when it mattered most.

nhl playoffs blooper GIF by NHL

2. Oh, I was following my player in the VHL very closely as my team, Riga, won the Continental Cup!!! I honestly never expected to win one so soon in my player career (only 2nd season) but I'm so happy with our team this season and our GM @Lemorse7 did an incredible job building the team to compete the last two seasons and we could be competitive again next season!

Stanley Cup Oops GIF

3. Um... hmm... that's a good question.  Despite being the Halifax GM, I don't know the good spots in the city too well.  How about we have our reunion at the arena?  You all can bag skate because it'll be good for you 😛

ice skating GIF by US National Archives

4. Oh if I was league commissioner, let me tell you, I'd have all kinds of changes!  I think the VHLM GMs and Commissioners are tired of hearing my ideas tbh 😅  How about double job pay for all GMs? And triple for commissioners.

Ice Hockey Hello GIF by NHL

5. Ooh, these questions are tough.  Probably Daniil Guschin on the Sharks.  He's looked really good offensively and may have a shot at making the Sharks.  Though I'm not sure about his defensive game as much.  I guess we'll see if the GOOSE IS LOOSE!
ice hockey sport GIF by NHL

6. Sharks, duh... Added Celebrini, Dickinson (to prospect pool), Askarov, Toffoli, Walman, Goodrow, Will Smith coming to NHL.  They're gonna be way more fun to watch this season... not sure if they'll win many more games though.

GIF by NHL

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. Now that the offseason is officially started, What are the plans for your player?

2. Where do you feel your player needs the most improvements?

3. How do you feel about how competitive the VHLM will be next season with some VHLE players making a return? 

4. What hockey player do you model your player after?

5. If Halifax was to get a mascot, what should the mascot be and why?

6. After seeing my team Montreal lose 2 players ( Laine and Reinbacher ) to 2 serious injuries, What's the worst you've ever been injured?

On 10/1/2024 at 9:00 AM, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. Now that the offseason is officially started, What are the plans for your player?

2. Where do you feel your player needs the most improvements?

3. How do you feel about how competitive the VHLM will be next season with some VHLE players making a return? 

4. What hockey player do you model your player after?

5. If Halifax was to get a mascot, what should the mascot be and why?

6. After seeing my team Montreal lose 2 players ( Laine and Reinbacher ) to 2 serious injuries, What's the worst you've ever been injured?

1. Defence all the way!

2. Skating/offence.

3. I think it’s going to be very competitive, I don’t think one team will just run away from the rest.

4. Dustin Byfuglien/Nikolas Kronwall

5. A beaver because the beaver represents hard work and determination which I think represents this team well.

6. Surprisingly I haven’t broken a bone or gotten a concussion, I have had a few close calls but the worst is probably a sprained ankle.

Halifax 21st

Press conference

First off I would like to welcome all the new players to the team! We are proud to have been able to select you!

1. What do you think about Halifax's draft?

2. With all these new players joining the team, Where do you think Halifax will be in the standings?

3. If we were to have a Team Bonding activity and you were the one who had to decided, Where would we go and what would we do?

4. If Halifax was ever to change their team colors, what colors would you choose?

5. The NHL season is officially started. Who do you predict will win the Stanley Cup?

6. What's a sport, game or activity that you enjoy doing that other's might consider weird and/or different?

5 minutes ago, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

First off I would like to welcome all the new players to the team! We are proud to have been able to select you!

2. With all these new players joining the team, Where do you think Halifax will be in the standings?

3. If we were to have a Team Bonding activity and you were the one who had to decided, Where would we go and what would we do?

4. If Halifax was ever to change their team colors, what colors would you choose?

5. The NHL season is officially started. Who do you predict will win the Stanley Cup?

6. What's a sport, game or activity that you enjoy doing that other's might consider weird and/or different?

1. Excellent draft class to help fill out the roster with more supplemental FA signings that should set the team up for the next couple seasons.

2. I expect us to jump into the top 5, especially with a dedicated drive to improve. I think we're in a good spot to make a good playoff push.

3. Easily going to a Flyers game to see Michkov's home debut.

4. I'd want to go with the Kraken's color scheme to stay with the nautical theme.

5. Most basic answer out there, but you can't count out Dallas. I have them winning over NYR in 7.

6. I could honestly just sit at home for an entire week watching documentaries without seeing another human face once and find this behavior totally acceptable until it drives me insane.

9 minutes ago, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. I think Halifax's draft went really well. I think our draft class has a lot of talent.

2. I think Halifax is going to towards the top of the standings. We have a great defensive core and a lot of depth up front.

3. My team bonding activity would be to take the squad to watch the Leafs lose in round one of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

4. As I am biased because of the Flyers and the fact that orange is my favorite color, I would love to see the color orange in our jerseys.

5. I think the Dallas Stars will win the cup. I picked them last year to win so hopefully I won't be wrong again. I think the depth on that team is ridiculous. 

6. I enjoy watching Sumo, which a lot of people look at me like I am crazy.

2 hours ago, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. Great Draft. Comparing to previous years in the books, any analyst would agree. A lot of depth that was needed, resulting in scab-bots no longer being required. A+

2. Halifax has all the capability and talent to make the push this season. A deeper playoff run is not only on the table, but should be the expectation for the 21st. 

3. We're gonna close down Top Golf and find out who is afraid of the netting from high up.

4. Halifax's colors are memorable and I wouldn't change them permenantly. A crossover with the QMJHL Halifax Mooseheads or baby-blue throwbacks with "HALIFAX" across the front would sell really well.

5. Biased opinion: Avalanche. Realistic Opinion: Avalanche ;)

6. I watch every game from a youtube channel called Warehouse Games that does organized sports in an actual warehouse. Floorball, blitzball baseball, a crazy take on cricket. 

17 minutes ago, Homealonetwo said:

4. Halifax's colors are memorable and I wouldn't change them permenantly. A crossover with the QMJHL Halifax Mooseheads or baby-blue throwbacks with "HALIFAX" across the front would sell really well.

I actually did one up just like you're describing with the baby blue and Halifax lettering!  I'll have to dig it up for an alternate maybe!

1 As one of the drafted players, I'm hoping to be off great use. 

2 Hopefully, a top half team. 

3 We wouldn't have to go all that far. I'd hook up an Xbox 360 to the Jumbotron, and we'd play some Black Ops 2 Zombies. 

4 Primary purple, secondary white, with orange highlights as a riff on my favorite college team.

5 I want the Jets to win, but I get the feeling that it'll be the Oilers.

6 Probably the raw number of ROM hacks and fan games that I play. Might not be that weird overall, but they do get weird.

12 hours ago, Oddpurplefly said:

1. Cysteine was selected in the first round so I think HFX won the draft pretty easily. I liked a lot of their picks too, so made them an attractive team to join.

2. I think Halifax is well positioned for the future, maybe not so much the present. They have a lot of players, but quite a while before they develop into a league leading roster! Development is important, and I hope to develop alongside them.

3. I'm always a fan of going paintballing, builds character as you try to not get welts.

4. Honestly the blue and white is pretty iconic, maybe try to incorporate some yellow from the alternate logo for a bit of extra spice?

5. The Pittsburgh Penguins of course! But realistically, probably the Oilers, they've shown they can make a run and I think they can win it this season after a tough loss last season.

6. I'd say participating in a simulation hockey league is something I enjoy that others would consider different, or unorthodox. Certainly a niche activity.

13 hours ago, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. I think we did quite well. We got a assortment of players that fill the needs on the team and then some. 

2. I would say around in the middle and this is mainly due to our players being young and thus needing time to develop and gain TPE.

3. I would say we go to Oktoberfest and drink and have fun!

4. I personally wouldn't change it. The current colors are pretty iconic and fits the uniforms and logos well.

5. I want to say Vegas (my favorite team and thus I'm biased) but realistically speaking, I want to say the Rangers or the Panthers. 

6. I want to say roller hockey, this is mainly due to our teams are based off of ice hockey. 

Halifax 21st

Press conference

Season is quickly approaching! We can't wait to get things started!

1. Halifax is a fresh new team with a lot of new players, which one are you most excited to play with?

2. We just recently announced our Captaincy for this season. How do you feel about this decision?

3. What are your goals for this season?

4. What stat is the most important for your player?

5. If you could change Halifax's " 21st " team name, what would you change it to and why?

6. What are your thoughts on players imposing respect on the ice by fighting and giving big hits? And do you think they should eliminate fighting?

Edited by Oddpurplefly

7 hours ago, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. Halifax is a fresh new team with a lot of new players, which one are you most excited to play with?

2. We just recently announced our Captaincy for this season. How do you feel about this decision?

5. If you could change Halifax's " 21st " team name, what would you change it to and why?

6. What are your thoughts on players imposing respect on the ice by fighting and giving big hits? And do you think they should eliminate fighting?

1. I'm going to have to say Chad Powers. We are JST teammates after all. 

2. I aint complaining. 

3. Honestly, to get a good number of hits in and shots blocked. 

4.Defensive coverage for sure. I am a defenseman after all. 

5. I wouldn't change anything. The name is iconic and historical. 

6. Seeing as I am one such player and my username represents that, I would say its something that is needed on the ice otherwise your team's star players can't shine. It also shows that you will stand up for your teammates after dirty hits. No, they shouldnt eliminate fighting. It is a tradition of the sport and personally speaking, if it aint broke, dont fix it. 

16 hours ago, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. Really excited to build some chemistry with my linemates. Im also looking forward to Bone-Breaker breaking some bones, respectfully of course.

2. Every team needs a leader and the coaching staff and management have the teams best interests in mind.

3. Really take in my first season. Sign some trading cards for kids. Improve at all facets of the game and light that lamp, baby!

4. Being able to stickhandle and deke to avoid turnovers and defend the puck is crucial to my game

5. 21st is a household name in Halifax. Changing it might bring mutiny.

6. Let the players play. The momentum we get from a big hit or decisive fight can't be ignored.

35 minutes ago, Homealonetwo said:

1. Really excited to build some chemistry with my linemates. Im also looking forward to Bone-Breaker breaking some bones, respectfully of course.

Of course! In the most respectful way possible! 🙏🏻

Dallas Stars Hockey GIF