Short article on Davos' off season

Tyler

At first I was planning to make a move this season. To play it safe as I could last year and then really turn it up this year. However, about halfway through the season it became pretty clear to me we had a real shot at winning. And, in the end, through the usual combination of luck and hard work we pulled it off. Obviously Gabriel McCalister was the key player but really every player seemed to step up. It was, to be corny, a different person every sim. At the end of the day, we are one season ahead of my assumed schedule. As a result, I was forced to make some big moves this off season to try and repeat instead of to win for the first time. 

Most of the core remains. The only roster player gone are the retired ones and Jeff Gow who I had to trade for cap reasons. Coming in were David Kiaskov, Jacob Smith, Alvaro Jokinen and Konstantin Mulligan. Three of them are rookies with low cap hits and Kiaskov is a veteran with a big one. It didn't take a whole lot of work to get down to where I am now, but we did sadly have to lose Gow.

Can we repeat? Well if McCalister continues his stellar MVP level play, Charm and Bassolino continue to grow in to elite forwards and Kiaskov improves upon Gow's play a little, then I think we should. It isn't that we're the most dominant team in VHL history, but the only teams really making the moves were Quebec and Calgary. Calgary does have a good team that we took seven games to beat. I still see them as the main competitor but Quebec is stepping up in a big way and they could beat either team in a seven game series.