Nguyen Arrested in Vegas

Dtayl

Saskatoon - It seems that the Wild’s young Defenseman Dylan Nguyen has found himself in some trouble back in the States. Dylan had been quiet on social media and interviews for the past couple days and it seems the reason is that he has had some trouble with the law down in Las Vegas. As you may or may not know the drinking age in America for some dumb reason is 21, Nguyen has only just turned 19. This lead to some problems because while in Vegas partying with some of his teammates and friends, Nguyen was caught in possession of alcohol and was charged.

The story seems to be that Nguyen was out celebrating his success in the VHL draft, and his new $3M contract. Throughout the night he was seen with friend and fellow teammate Ryuu Crimson, as well as fellow draftee and goalie for the Vegas Aces, Alex Pepper. Nguyen was seen with Crimson and Pepper throughout most of the night. It seems that during draft night Nguyen and Pepper hit it off as friends. It is presumed that since Pepper is a Vegas native he was showing Crimson and Nguyen around. Nguyen was the only one of the group to come into any trouble with the law. It is unclear how Nguyen came to be in possession of alcohol, or if Pepper and Crimson were charged with anything.

More news as the story develops….

UPDATE

We have gotten into contact with Dylan Nguyen and he has agreed to tell the Tribune what happened while he was in Vegas: “Well it was pretty much a bunch of bulls**t. I was out with my friends having a good time, ya know. I might have had a few drinks, but we were not bothering anyone. Anyway Alex and Ryuu go off to get something and leave me for like a minute and all the sudden this cop comes up to me and is like ‘have you been drinking?’. I just said yep, and all the sudden he asks for my ID, next thing you know I’m being put in a cop car. Luckily about 20 mins later Pepper and Ryuu come strolling in and bail me out. Anyway like two days later the judge orders me to pay like a $2,000 fine. I paid and I left. It’s all good now. Like I said before just a bunch of BS. America’s drinking laws are trash and cops are egotistical dicks, that pretty much sums up the incident. Next time, I’m inviting Alex to come party in Canada, at least until i’m 21.”

Following the explanation that Nguyen gave us, it has been brought to our attention that Nguyen has started a PAC (political action committee) to lower the drinking age in America. Surely nothing will come of this but it is pretty funny. Maybe in the future after his hockey career Nguyen will be a politician. As always we look forward to seeing Nguyen and the rest of the Wild on the ice soon! Hopefully without more incidents with the law.

Word Count: 515; Week Claiming 8/13/18-8/19/18

Edited by Dtayl