Davos Falling Apart?

Dangles13

With the VHL season about halfway over, GMs are starting to wonder if they are playoff bound or whether they should sell off some rentals. Some general managers are already turning a wary eye towards their rosters for next season; Davos GM, Tyler Owens, has recently made some comments about his teams future. After a recent trade, Owens was quoted as saying: "I wanted to keep my Season 63 first because of obvious reasons (check how many free agents Davos has upcoming) and while I understand that the two third round picks this year do hold some value, I figured it was a gamble I was willing to take." 

Pundits are wondering if this means that Davos is open to moving on from some of their current players or if management expects some of their players to walk. At first glimpse, it appears that Mr. Owens is merely covering his bases as a smart GM is want to do and yet, this comment: "With next season and beyond such a mystery for Davos, it just made the most sense to protect myself as best I could in the event I lose players to free agency." makes it seem that perhaps Owens is indeed expecting several players to at the very least test the open market.

Right now Davos needs to focus on making the playoffs, which I think we will. Then it's a whole new ball game. That's where we need to shine.

If I were GM, I would start negotiations with the players to see where they stand for the next coming season.

38 minutes ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

Right now Davos needs to focus on making the playoffs, which I think we will. Then it's a whole new ball game. That's where we need to shine.

If I were GM, I would start negotiations with the players to see where they stand for the next coming season.

I would make them sign contracts or bench them before playoffs.

4 hours ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

In terms of negos I always wait until it gets a little further on. Let people figure out where the team is at and where they are at. It's not like a fake contract takes months to work out lol

37 minutes ago, Tyler said:

In terms of negos I always wait until it gets a little further on. Let people figure out where the team is at and where they are at. It's not like a fake contract takes months to work out lol

just gotta make sure but im able to sign an extension this off season right?

15 hours ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

Dont know if that would work fellow Pegger.

Immediate goals I think are being playoff bound, but the trade deadline is coming up so I would also be reaching out to the players to see if they re-sign or opt for FA.

Hockey players getting too pampered. You'll play for nothing and you'll like it.

46 minutes ago, Dangles13 said:

Hockey players getting too pampered. You'll play for nothing and you'll like it.

I've already signed a contract son, so playing for free is already out the window. 

13 hours ago, Tyler said:

Oh of course not. I would just put it out there to get a feel of what players are thinking, and I would have more wiggle room for trade talks if needed.

16 minutes ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

I've already signed a contract son, so playing for free is already out the window. 

Oh of course not. I would just put it out there to get a feel of what players are thinking, and I would have more wiggle room for trade talks if needed.

Meh not gonna make any trades until the off season now anyway. No point in bothering people lol.