Fjorsstrom predicted to go first overall

sherifflobo

4f18ff3dc806f.preview-300.jpg

Fjorsstrom celebrating a goal

With the Riga Reign winning the lottery, the first overall pick has been predicted by many to be Bratislava Defenseman Slaeter Fjorsstrom.  Fjorsstrom, a Norwegian born skater, has had a decent year in Bratislava, putting up 78 points in 72 games with the Watchmen and awaits the winner of the Vasteras/Bern series.  With Bern up 3-1 in their series, the Watchmen will likely face the Royals in the European finals.  

With Fjorsstrom and Tom Slaughter being deep in the hunt for the first overall pick, it's Fjorsstrom's connection to Riga that has many prediction him to go first overall.  While both Slaughter and Fjorsstrom have ties to Riga, Fjorsstrom's connection runs much deeper.  Slaughter's agent Sterling Labatte has a history with Riga's general manager that isn't the greatest, whereas Fjorsstrom's agent Kristian Carlsson has been involved in the Riga franchise since joining the league.

"This draft is so good, so anyone picking in the first round will get a great prospect.  It will be interesting to see it all play out." - VHL scout.

Edited by sherifflobo

I almost want to draft Devise 1st overall so he has a reason to talk about Riga more on his podcasts.  I think that would be too selfish to ignore 100+ TPE difference.

that would make devise unhappy since he wants to go to NY, why else would he retire a couple weeks before the deadline 

that would make devise unhappy since he wants to go to NY, why else would he retire a couple weeks before the deadline 

If only this was true. Chris didn't have 3 picks when I retired and was in a playoff position. I was hoping for some crazy draft where anyone could end up in several spots. I don't not want to go to NY, but my ideal location if I had to choose would probably be Cologne to be honest. 

Mike, DO IT! I SUPER DARE YOU TO DO IT! Just for the crazies, it's obviously not the smart decision for your team though, which is why you won't do it. :P