Rhett Stoffiday Press Conference

Stoffiday

1.) After a rough season, do you think Yukon will bounce back next year? The simple answer to that question is Yes, I really believe in what @BarzalGoat is doing with our team, and with the draft prospects we have coming, I think we'll be in an amazing place next year! One really good thing is, I'll still be starting goalie next year as well! :D

2.) Who was the toughest player to face? Lordy, that's a tough one. Facing Alex Pepper and Cole Mertz was probably my toughest challenges, I did get a good hit in on 'em time or two this season, but other times they'd just "hand me my ass with the bill", if you know what I mean.

3.) Is there any player in the league that you want to knock out? Most of the folks I play with are pretty nice, so I can't think of one off hand. My team mates knock some folks around for me if I need 'em too! Haha!

4.) Which parts of your game need the most work? Well, I know I need to work on my hand speed, and rebound control. I think in time, and practice, I'll have all of those things down pat!

5.) Do you have any unique pre-game rituals? I always eat Biscuits and Gravy from Dairy Queen before a big game. It's something that reminds me of my grandparents growing up, and anytime we'd go to a big event, for breakfast, we'd always eat biscuits and gravy. It's a comfort thing, and it gets me in the zone.

1. How hard it is for goalie to play in a team that is going through a rebuild?

2. What kind of defenders you want playing in front of you?

3. Getting scored on with a deflection, is that the most annoying way to get scored on?

4. Do you enjoy the away games and tours?

5. Are you planning on getting a custom mask done once you make it into the big league?

4 hours ago, jRuutu said:

1. How hard it is for goalie to play in a team that is going through a rebuild? 

That's a really good question. I think it's very easy, because it gives me a lot of time to develop and grow as a player, without the expectation to be an immediate contender. I'm thankful I've gotten to be here to help with the rebuild of Yukon, so that I can be on the front lines of what's to  come! Its' mighty exciting!!

2. What kind of defenders you want playing in front of you?

I want team-centric, cohesive guys. I want my guys to be able to back me up when that puck gets past our blue line, and I want them to defend our house! Drop the boys who disrespect our house, and leave it on the ice when it's time to go home.

3. Getting scored on with a deflection, is that the most annoying way to get scored on?

Good Lord YES!! That, and if I push the goal in with my skate or pads. Those two things just drive me batty!

4. Do you enjoy the away games and tours?

I do!! I enjoy going places, especially when we get to go to Vegas, cause I can visit family and especially now, that means so much more.

5. Are you planning on getting a custom mask done once you make it into the big league?

I'd sure like to! I just dont know what I want to put on it!! :)

• 2 months later...