My 20,000th post, allegedly

Victor

• Admin

This is not my 20,000th post. I've probably hit this mark twice before. But it is probably close to that mark on this site (depending if deleted posts like update threads get removed from the count). Either way, I noticed it while replying to something else and it's a good excuse to post a 590.

So I was going to do a 3 TPE podcast but this is quicker and I guess I'll get the extra TPE in a press conference or something. Thank god trivia is back, that cap is so far away without it. So let's just say about the random things I'd talk about in a podcast:

- Pod Cast. He's doing alright. I don't expect a S62 repeat but do want to stay on track for 900 career points. I reckon if I achieve that, more awards will follow in the next 6 seasons.

- The chat about a new sim. I don't like it. Well, no, I don't care because it's just chat. But the argument is made from a completely wrong side. Someone needs to come up with a viable alternative to STHS v1 and do the testing for us. I don't see why everyone who puts time into running this league should spend time performing futile testing to prove that we have the best sim engine for us on the market. If that's wrong, someone else needs to show there's something better. Only then should we consider if it's worth it to change the fabric of the league entirely to change. Currently, the situation is completely backwards.

Most importantly, the hand-wringing about STHS seems deeply flawed initially. What exactly is the problem? Are the best players not the best players? Apparently the playoffs are unpredictable..... well, they're not and also isn't that the point? I mean name me an undeserving winner of the Continental Cup. Or name me a good team that got fucked over consistently. I wrote a whole MS about best teams to not win a cup but 1) that wasn't a very long list for 60 seasons and 2) most of them lost to other good teams.

I'm on my 6th player. OK let's say 5th proper player since my first only had 600 TPE and 6 seasons. This is my first repeat of a build out of the 5. That's like 6 actual years or whatever.... so again, what's the problem?

Lastly, I am aware we're not on the verge of that discussion ever going to be anything more than a discussion but I haven't really contributed so this is my contribution. In the polarised world built on everything always being in absolute terms that we live in, I am too conservative. Well, that's like your opinion man.

Fuck this. I love you all.