Claimed:Rafter and Jones; The Comparison

Kesler

THE COMPARISON

A “Comparison” is the act of comparing, the state of being compared or the considering of two things with regard to some characteristic that is common to both, as the likening of a hero to a lion in courage (On Dictionary.com at least). Today I will be comparing two greats (lol one isn’t a great, at least not yet). They both have had two great starts to their careers (one being over) and both were drafted relatively late in their respected drafts in the first round. Both not at the time being expected to be “star power players” but both expected to be good exceptional players.

2009+NHL+Draft+Portraits+xiPzrZvZbx6l.jp

Phil Rafter selected 6th overall

Phill rafter was drafted 6th overall in the season 27 draft by the HC Davos Dynamo. Rafter was over-shadowed by first overall pick Satan who was selected by the Dynamo was well. The Dynamo had another pick in front of Rafter at number 5, being David Smalling. Smalling was a young inspiring heavy hitting power forward destined to win the Boulet (which he did multiple times). 

Valeri+Nichushkin+NHL+Draft+Portraits+Tb

Davey Jones selected 4th overall

Davey Jones was drafted 4th overall in the season 34 draft by the Cologne Express. Jones coming into a Express team in need of some young fresh talent ready to explode into the VHL. Jones was sent down to ensure further development in the VHL unlike Rafter.

THE ROOKIE SEASON'S

Rafters stats

Phil Rafter 72 Games 43 Goals  49 Assists  92 Points

Jones stats

Davey Jones 72 Games 44 Goals  42 Assists  86 Points

*Jones stats are skued as he did have an extra season of earning tpe

Both players had excellent rookie seasons posting well above ppg, Rafter in his rookie season was beat out for the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy by his own teammate David Smalling. Davey Jones posted a 86 point campaign in his rookie season leading all rookie in scoring would go on to win the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy. This shows how the VHL has changed over time because Rafter had a stellar rookie season with 92 points and Jones only had 86. Now was the Stolzschweiger Trophy harder to win in Rafter’s rookie season than Jones?  

NS_03STARSPANTHERS_21_33538352.jpg

Jones was mentored by Taylor in his rookie season

THE SOPHOMORE SEASON'S

Rafters stats

Phil Rafter 72  Games 48  Goals 61 Assists 109 Points

Jones stats

Davey Jones 72 Games  55 Goals  56 Assists 111  Points

*Once again Jones I believe had more tpe but I obviously cant go back and look

Both of these guys really moved on from their great rookie campaigns and posted even better numbers. Rafter went up 17 points while Jones only went up a staggering  31 points. Jones posted his 111 points on the second line as well and did the same in his rookie season. While Jones even had more points then his top line center Sergey Brovalenko last season and Jones even played his rookie season on the second line, something Rafter did not have to do. Some may argue Rafter posted high numbers while playing guys like Braxton and Sullivan and top line guys. Jones has had a much easier time playing against number 3 and 4 d man and against the 2nd line guys. But Jones has still posted high numbers.

1010-lakvan1.jpg

Rafter celebrating after one of his 48 goals

CONCLUSION

Jones is a scrub and Rafter is a fucking beast. Haha just kidding, from what I have presented both have had very similar paths, having great rookie and sophomore season helping their teams in convincing fashion. We do not know if Jones will go on to lead the league in points, goals or go on to win multiple cups like Rafter (I think lol) but so far in Jones’s career he has done what Rafter has.

Edited by MÉTIS

Content: 3/3 - Really neat analysis of Jones' career against a future Hall of Famer. I certainly think that Davey will be in the Hall when his career is over, maybe even on the first ballot if he keeps up his current pace.

Grammar: .5/2 - *snaps rubber gloves*

lol = Really don't like the use of internet acronyms in articles.
good exceptional players = good, exceptional players
Phill rafter = Phil Rafter
season 27 = Season 27
young, inspiring, heavy-hitting power forward
season 34 = Season 34
THE ROOKIE SEASON'S = THE ROOKIE SEASONS
Rafters stats = Rafter's stats
Jones stats = Jones' stats
skued = skewed
tpe = TPE
well above ppg = well above 1 PPG (?)
leading all rookie in scoring would go on to win  = leading all rookies in scoring and would go on to win
Rafter’s rookie season than Jones? = Rafter’s rookie season than Jones'?
a staggering  31 points = a staggering 31 points
Jones’s = Jones’

Appearance: 1/1 - It is pretty, gotta give you that.

Overall: 4.5/6 - YOLO STILL CHAMPS

Guest Svoboda_3

Content: 3/3

630 words. I think the concept was great. It's just unfortunate that there were so many broken sentences, fragments and other things that really took away from that.

Grammar: .5/2

It was rough as you thought it would be. I just wish you had taken the extra time to get the extra bit of a mark from this.

A "Comparison" = no need to capitalize that

Both not at the time being expected = At the time, neither player expected

Phill = Phil

rafter = Rafter

season 27 draft = Season 27 Draft

season 34 draft = Season 34 draft (it's an event, thus I would think it should be capitalized)

"Jones coming into a Express team in need of some young fresh talent ready to explode into the VHL." = "Jones came to an Express team, who were in need of some young fresh talent ready to explode into the VHL."

skued = skewed

tpe = TPE

well above ppg = well above a PPG or point per game.

a 86 point = an 86-point

leading all rookie in scoring would go on= leading all rookies in scoring, and would go on

than Jones? = than in Jones'?

cant = can't

staggering  31 = staggering 31 (spacing issue)

points then = points than

last season and Jones = last season, Jones

while playing guys = while playing with guys

and top line guys. = who were top line guys.

presented both = presented, both

season = seasons

Appearance: 1/1

Good color theme, center alignment and pictures.

Overall: 4.5/6>>5/6

Edited by Svoboda_3

2 - 4.5 grades gives him a 5 no? Don't ever compare Rafter to this pile of shit again or you will taste the consequences.

Yeah Svoboda put a .5/2 on the grade but then gave me a 4.25 so idk, and lol.

2 - 4.5 grades gives him a 5 no? Don't ever compare Rafter to this pile of shit again or you will taste the consequences.

This isn't California, keep your bodily fluids to yourself. Someone's salty they didn't get a banner in the rafters.

This isn't California, keep your bodily fluids to yourself. Someone's salty they didn't get a banner in the rafters.

A banner? I didn't realize that me not having a banner in whoever's rafters had anything to do with Rafter being far better than you. lol

A banner? I didn't realize that me not having a banner in whoever's rafters had anything to do with Rafter being far better than you. lol

Either you can't read or this is some cute way of attacking me. So this is where I let you know that you're getting way too wound up over a fictional sports league and need to go calm down.

Did you read this article? Jones has had a very similar first 2 seasons as to what rafter had, it's no wear near close enough to tell whether or not jones is as good as rafter.